ZebraLight Cust Serv/Quality

justanotherguy

Enlightened
Re: Zebra Light customer Service??

I asked a question or two, got a response in a day or two. Told me that tailcaps for the SC60 were no longer available since its not produced..
LUCKILY I had an H600 to cross check. Um they are the same....so I ordered two caps for That light...$10 I think it was, and they came fairly quick..
Still, I would have thought that ZL themselves would know to cross check something like that.......?
Tony

MojaveMoon07

Enlightened
I want to order our first Zebralight from a 3rd party retailer in the hope that the retailer might be able to assist in resolving a warranty-related issue if Zebralight winds up being difficult to work with. Out of these retailers that sell Zebralight, which one(s) do I have the best chance of that with ? Brightguy , Goinggear , Illuminationgear , and lightjunction

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got one of the original preordered batch of SC600s. Like many of the early SC600s it had a defective switch that would often turn off if it was merely brushed against without being depressed or clicked. I sent it back for warranty repair. 2 months later I had my light back and it worked perfectly. The switch issue was gone.

I also had an SC51 which was my EDC for around a year. No issues with it.

I have an SC80. It is defective in that all the secondary high modes don't work. High mode only works in max power. Low and medium modes all work fine. I consider this a minor defect.

More recently I purchased a pair of Zebralight 14500 li-ion cells. Zebralight accidentally sent me 18650s instead. I'm definitely not complaining about that.

Overall, I'm very satisfied with Zebralight customer service and won't hesitate to get another. I preordered an SC52 the first day orders were accepted and can't wait for it to arrive!

jbrett14

Enlightened
I want to order our first Zebralight from a 3rd party retailer in the hope that the retailer might be able to assist in resolving a warranty-related issue if Zebralight winds up being difficult to work with. Out of these retailers that sell Zebralight, which one(s) do I have the best chance of that with ? Brightguy , Goinggear , Illuminationgear , and lightjunction

I have ordered goods from all those sources. My experience has been that all of them have excellent service. I would not hesitate to order from any of them.

As far as "warranty-related issues", I have only had to deal with Goinggear since I have not had issues with the items I purchased at the other 3 dealers. This, of course, is no fault of Goinggear. Goinggear has been EXCELLENT at dealing with my warranty-issues. I am guessing the other 3 would be as well.

Last edited:

MojaveMoon07

Enlightened
jbrett14: Thank you
icon14.gif

jd_oc

Newly Enlightened
Bad Customer Service from Zebralight?

I ordered the S6330 on Dec 27th and at the time the website said it would ship on Jan 7th (it was not a pre-order when I bought it, it simply said add to cart). So far I've received no communication from them. I sent them an email 3 days ago just asking if they knew when my order would ship, but still no reply. I've never dealt with their customer service before (I have an SC51 which I really like), but I figured since they are American owned and operated I would have expected better customer service. Am I expecting too much?

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Bad Customer Service from Zebralight?

I ordered the S6330 on Dec 27th and at the time the website said it would ship on Jan 7th (it was not a pre-order when I bought it, it simply said add to cart). So far I've received no communication from them. I sent them an email 3 days ago just asking if they knew when my order would ship, but still no reply. I've never dealt with their customer service before (I have an SC51 which I really like), but I figured since they are American owned and operated I would have expected better customer service. Am I expecting too much?

I've tested their phone number, just now :naughty: and it works :poof:
So. If you know your English, then give them a call too: +1-972-757-7712, i.e. from abroad you'd typically dial 001-972-757-7712.
Their oral Engrish was good.
Hope this helps.

email zebralight is [email protected]

Last edited:

jd_oc

Newly Enlightened

Strange, I tried that number (972-757-7712) and just get a generic voice mail. I did some searching and found another number (972) 929-7213. That actually goes to a real persons voice mail that says he works with Zerbralight. Either way, couldn't get a hold of a real person. I don't see why email communication is such a problem for them? Especially since they don't list a phone number on their website. I live in the USA (California).

tonkem

Enlightened

None of the dealers have any right now. Patience, and they will ship. It is worth the wait. I love mine.

maxrep12

Newly Enlightened

Yeah, I get the feeling they could spend a few more man hours answering emails and such. Never had a problem with their lights, but communication is still an integral part of business.

The s6330 is worth the wait as Tonkem mentioned.

JD_OC, in the mean time one activity that may help your mood in a Schadenfreude sort of way would be to have a looksee at the HDS threads.

At some point I wonder if it would be in the best interest of all involved(customers and ZL dealers) if ZebraLight stopped selling direct. This would shift some profits and a share of customer service work load to ZL dealers..... I dunno

eloreno

Newly Enlightened
Bad Customer Service from Zebralight?

I love the lights and own a great many. That said, I do not recommend buying them direct. Communication with zebralight warranty is terrible, though they've always come through in the end. I recommend goinggear, when they have them in stock.

neo_xeno

Newly Enlightened

yeah, i've tried to email them about my s6330 order status and no response. pretty disappointing, i will probably never order direct from them again.

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have always found that the quality of the customer service is an accurate gauge of the quality of the company.

LGT

Enlightened

I've never had a problem with ZL/CS. Bought a few lights that just didn't suit my needs, and they took them back. Have three headlamps and the sc600 from zl. Like them all and wouldn't hesitate to deal with them (Helen?) again.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have no problems at all with ZL. Between them and myself we have had many email exchanges. Usually to do with some warranty service issues.

bodhran

Enlightened

I have only emailed them a couple times but have always gotten a quick response.

magnum70383

Enlightened

I'm really glad now I ordered the last one at torch direct for 10% off too!

LEDburn

Enlightened

I have emailed them a few times and have never waited more than a day to hear back.

Last time I asked when to expect a 'w' version of the new lights (SC52w, SC600w MKII, H502w) and got a reply within an hour..

When you are asking them when the light you ordered will be shipped - a light currently listed as back ordered - I think it is safe to assume you are not the only one asking that same question!
If that was the case, letting each person know on an individual basis would be time consuming and could result to further frustration.
Say they just told everyone it will ship in a week but then when the stock is ready they fall short and some people miss the boat, those people will then possibly get frustrated when they find out someone was told the same thing but actually had theirs shipped.

I know they claimed a date on their site and you feel a bit annoyed but some people have already received theirs so they obviously are making some progress.
As with any new Zebralight model, if you aren't in the first lot of customers then you can sometimes wait a little.
I missed the boat on the first round of H502d's but the wait ended up only being a few weeks till it shipped anyway so yours could well and truly be almost ready also.

Hope you get the shipping notice soon!