Zebralight H32 & H32w

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tiny tiny tiny! I thought about this as a great backpacking light. But running on high, especially with PID, who knows when it will die. I guess you can tell with the indicator or when it kicks down to medium, but still a pretty short runtime. I guess it's easy to carry a spare battery though. But then why not just carry my H600 for ease and little extra weight and more output if necessary?

Talking myself in and out of it :)
The last time I went backpacking (14 day trek) I took my Armytek Tiara C1 and a spare CR123. Never used the spare, only about half the capacity of the first battery. I find that when backpacking I almost never need more light than the 11lm low mode, so that probably helps.

markr6

Flashaholic
The last time I went backpacking (14 day trek) I took my Armytek Tiara C1 and a spare CR123. Never used the spare, only about half the capacity of the first battery. I find that when backpacking I almost never need more light than the 11lm low mode, so that probably helps.

That's always the case isn't it!? Same with food...I always come back with an entire days worth. But I guess you can call that being prepared. Especially with a batter that weighs next to nothing. With my H600w a 3400mAh cell is usually still above 60% or so, but mostly because I was playing around with the high mode lighting up the woods :)

RGB_LED

Enlightened
Nice! This looks like a great size and what sticks out for me for the Neutral version is the 2nd H2 setting: 4hrs @ 100lmns and the M1 setting: 11hrs @ 50lmns. The sweet spot that provides a great balance of output vs. runtime.

I guess I haven't picked up a ZL headlamp for awhile now, my last two being an H52Fw and H600W II NW. So, I do hope they come out with an H32Fw though since I find a softer hotspot + side-spill better as it reduces the tunnel-vision effect.

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got my H32w today and just used it for 5min. Threads on tailcap are really smooth and well lubed, tint is as expected, but I plan to put DCFix diffusion film on it as soon as I find it. Everything about it is just as I would expect, so nothing to report. Ano is nice, switch is nice, tint is nice (it's xml with whirte hot spot, yellower corona band, band seem more pronounced than some of my other lights).

I think with the diffusion film it will be great indoors and outdoors. If I were to use it just outdoors I would probably not put the film on it.

xed888

Enlightened
Got my H32w today and just used it for 5min. Threads on tailcap are really smooth and well lubed, tint is as expected, but I plan to put DCFix diffusion film on it as soon as I find it. Everything about it is just as I would expect, so nothing to report. Ano is nice, switch is nice, tint is nice (it's xml with whirte hot spot, yellower corona band, band seem more pronounced than some of my other lights).

I think with the diffusion film it will be great indoors and outdoors. If I were to use it just outdoors I would probably not put the film on it.

How does the button feel? Do you have a Tiara C1 to compare it to? Thanks

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
How does the button feel? Do you have a Tiara C1 to compare it to? Thanks

I like the button, I don't have a Tiara C1 to compare to. It's not the stiffest Zebra button, but seems to be the same as their more recent lights. I would not mind it a bit stiffer on this light since the switch is at the top, but I'm fine with it so far.

xed888

Enlightened
Thanks for the feedback. If you feel up to it, it'd be great to see some pictures.

dts71

Newly Enlightened
Got an update from Zebralight

Subject: H32

We'll annouce the H32F and H32Fw later this month.

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
standardbattery, how do you like the ribbed body? Is it pleasurable? I have a H600MKII and H602 so I'm already cool with ribbed bodies. Just never thought they'd add ribs on such a short body like the H32. Kind of wished I waited for my H52F to get the newer version with the ribs on it.

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
The ribs are OK there is like 4 of them on the short body. Not sure they are required, but they may help in retention, but they may make clipping it to some materials a big harder and not as easy to remove (that could be good or bad).

What I've noticed is the switch is not very recessed, in fact the top of the rubber boot is slightly protruding (not enough that you can trigger the light by pressing it on a flat surface). I only have my H60 head lamp handy right now so I can't compare it with some of the previous lamps and my memory fails me. Might have to go find out where my other user headlamps have got to.

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just compared the switch to an earlier H5?? light without a cree led (sorry can't remember the model number, don't breeth lights anymore). and the new switch is not as recessed and it also has a smaller diameter switch bezel. The larger head on the SC32w though is quite noticable and should be great as soon as I find the diffuser. The SC52 is 1.25mm shorter, and the dimple on the cap is smaller.

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looking for a more recent H600 series (I have not found it yet), but when I look at the original Zebralights it's amazing the changes, I could not remember how much they had changed.

Ray-o-light

Newly Enlightened
In the last three weeks I received three Zebras. The first, a SC62w. A great light, absolutely love it. It has slightly yellowish tint, but nothing bad for a supposed 4400k LED. I think the tint is great. The fit and finish and everything else is flawless.
Next, I received a SC52w. Flawless like the first with a slightly less yellowish tint where you don't really notice any yellow.
Finally, yesterday I received the H32w. Perfect like the first two lights. I'm thinking I won the tint lottery with this light though. The tint is basically white with a very slight rose in the spill somewhat like a Nichia 219. Less rose though. Love the tint, but I like the others as well.
I too contacted Zebralight, and they replyed saying, the H32F will be released later this month, while the H302 will be released next month. I can hardly wait! Cheers

Last edited:

GeoBruin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Received my H32w yesterday. You are dead on regarding the tint. Turned it on next to my SC62w and it was only then that I noticed the yellow /green in the 62's tint.

The switch is a little mushier than the 62 which itself has the perfect switch.

It's TINY. Ive been waiting on this one a long time.

jak

Enlightened
Pix people! I would love to see how this thing compares to the size of an AA battery.

lockdoc

Newly Enlightened
Here you go. Very pleased with the tint of the H32w.
3093ed38140325c56d4c62990e5e96fb.jpg

jak

Enlightened
Here you go. Very pleased with the tint of the H32w.
Holy smokes, that's incredible. I was set on an H52Fw, but now I just may wait for F version of that. I wonder if there's much of a sensation difference with that on your head vs. the AA version.

markr6

Flashaholic
Thanks for the pic. SMALL!!!! I HATE CR123 cells, but this is hard to resist!