Zebralight H60

Thujone

Flashlight Enthusiast
the details look great.. Looks like it will get free ems shipping also. Bummer 4Sevens have priced themselves out of the ZL market IMO. Shipping will be a bit slower but 20$ is 20$ if ya know what I mean, sorry david...

Patriot

Flashaholic
the details look great.. Looks like it will get free ems shipping also. Bummer 4Sevens have priced themselves out of the ZL market IMO. Shipping will be a bit slower but 20$ is 20$ if ya know what I mean, sorry david...

I do wish he would chime in and let us know why the big price difference. Maybe there is a logical reason for it all. I have to be honest though...I don't think I'd pay $100 for the H60, especially since $80 is already pushing it.

d1dd1

Enlightened

notnormal

Newly Enlightened
The ZebraLight H60 is a high performance all aluminum headlamp. Powered with one 18650 battery, the H60 can produce a maximum of 190 Lumen out the front with a smooth flood beam and can continuously run for 26 days nonstop on its lowest output level. The H60 can be used as a headlamp as well as a task light with supplied accessories.
Main Features and Specifications

• LED: Cree XLamp XR-E Q5
  • Battery: one 3.7v 18650 size Lithium-ion rechargeable. Works with batteries that have flat positive terminals while still maintaining reverse polarity protection.
  • 3 modes, each can be set and memorized to one of the two levels for that mode
    • High: 190 lm (1.5 hrs) or 110 lm (4 hrs)
    • Med: 45 lm (10 hrs) or 15 lm (50 hrs)
    • Low: 0.5 lm (26 days) or 3 lm (9 days)
    Factory default settings are 110, 15 and 3 lm. Tested with Panasonic 2550 mAh 18650 batteries.
  • Out of the six levels, four (190, 110, 15, and 3 lm) are current regulated and two (45 and 0.5 lm) are PWM derived.
  • 80o flood beam, without a hotspot.

Operations

• From Off
    • Press and hold to cycle through Low, Med and High, release to set.
    • Click to High, click again quickly to cycle through Med, Low and High.
  • When On
    • Click to Off.
    • Press and hold to cycle through Low, Med and High, release to set.
    • Double click to toggle between the two levels for that mode.
Wow! I like the 2 different low modes (0.5 lumens or 3 lumens), though I'm not too fond of the user interface.

Thujone

Flashlight Enthusiast
Zebralight.com will ship the light for $85 via EMS :twothumbs
($79 H60 + $6 for regular shipping + free EMS upgrade)

http://www.zebralight.com/index.php?main_page=shippinginfo

I missed the $6 fee on ZL, I guess that makes it about a $6 difference after the CPF8 code. The inclusion of the dual levels at each mode is a real value add. I think this will make a great task light. We will see how it plays out, I would rather do business with David, but a guys gotta look out for himself also...

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast

They haven't been available yet. I've been watching the website every day for the past week or two. :D
I'm quite happy with the specs. As always nothing is 100% to my liking, but in general this light looks incredible.

As for 4Sevens' site, when you factor in the CPF discount and free shipping the price difference is less than it appears. $85 direct from ZL, $91 from 4sevens. So it's not as bad as it initially appeared, but still six bucks is six bucks.

Art Vandelay

Flashlight Enthusiast
They haven't been available yet. I've been watching the website every day for the past week or two. :D
I'm quite happy with the specs. As always nothing is 100% to my liking, but in general this light looks incredible.

As for 4Sevens' site, when you factor in the CPF discount and free shipping the price difference is less than it appears. $85 direct from ZL, $91 from 4sevens. So it's not as bad as it initially appeared, but still six bucks is six bucks.

I think you are right.

curby

Newly Enlightened
Unfortunately I just switched to using LiFeP04 batteries and this doesn't seem to take em. Hopefully as people play around with it different configs could be tested. Maybe it can buck a 6V input for much more flexibility.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
What makes you believe LiFeP04 won't work?
I've seen no information about this at all. Only Zebralight can say for sure if the light will regulate down to the lower voltages. My guess is they would work though perhaps not give full regulation. :thinking:
Also IMR 18650 cells are coming out from AW soon which should exceed LiFePO4s in most applications while giving better safety than standard 18650s.

Patriot

Flashaholic
What makes you believe LiFeP04 won't work?
My guess is they would work though perhaps not give full regulation. :thinking:

Absolutely. They should still work but with shorter regulated and overall run-time. I'm also looking forward too AW's new 18650. :popcorn:

Empyfree

Enlightened
Unfortunately I just switched to using LiFeP04 batteries and this doesn't seem to take em. Hopefully as people play around with it different configs could be tested. Maybe it can buck a 6V input for much more flexibility.

The Zebralight website now has the following info:

Battery: one 18650 size rechargeable (2.5v to 4.5v), including 3.6v/3.7v Li-ion or 3.0v LiFeP04 chemistries. Works with batteries that have flat positive terminals while still maintaining reverse polarity protection.

Also, I see that they've changed their free EMS upgrade offer to $79 to include this light. :grin2:

Empyfree

Enlightened
My bad, I should read the info first...

The offer isn't for free shipping, rather it's for a free upgrade to EMS from normal shipping. Still costs $6

rayman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Found this in another forum. It's written by the one of the Zebralight customer service.
The max output should be around 110-130 Lumens. We will finalize the max output
figure from the production batch instead of a few pre production samples. All output
are 'Out the Front' figure. We believe that is more meaningfull than the LED lumens
estimated from current that goes through the LED. We measure the output with our
integrated sphere.

We will not use SSC P7 (we tried), but will use MC-E in our headlamps. We are waiting
for the Cree to have the MC-E produced in large quantity. We do have engineering
headlamp samples with MC-E and 18650, and they are bright!

So what do you think about a 18650 Zebralight with a MC-E? In My opinion the 190lm of the H60 are enough.

rayman

notnormal

Newly Enlightened
So what do you think about a 18650 Zebralight with a MC-E? In My opinion the 190lm of the H60 are enough.

I'm more interested in their reflector version of the headlamps (H*1) and a reduction in price :whistle:. Though, I've already :paypal: for the H60.

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll buy it from 4 Sevens. I hate to "waste $$" paying more there yet I trust those folks. It's worth at least $10 to know I'll have zero hassles!!!!!

cchurchi

Enlightened
Me too... Pre-ordered from 4sevens. I have 30 18650's laying around, waiting for this lamp..