Zebralight H600F c/d mk3 85cri and XM-L 2?

tech25

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remember,tint preference is individual, it took me a while to find what works for me- you might like the fw better- imho you can't go wrong with either. What got me to like the 4k tint (I still don't 100% notice much difference in CRI) was my Malkoff M61N with a 4k xp-g2 I found that I like that tint and now just stick with that if I get a choice. I still like and use some lights with cooler tints but prefer the 4k.

This is probably didn't help your decision between the two, but you can always do with the classic CPF advice- pick one enjoy it and then get the other☺️

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I've watched hours of Stefano's videos, some of them multiple times. Stefano seems to like the regular Armytek Wizard in several of his videos comparing it to the H600Fw, so this afternoon I ordered one. Then I went ahead and ordered an H600w. I've got a feeling I'll end up ordering one of the "F" models sooner or later. Your advice makes a lot of sense, so I'm hoping the Armytek will cover that base until my wallet recovers and I can decided between the Fw and Fc. I had to buy a charger and batteries today for the lights, (also bought a Nitecore P30 on sale) and thought I better let the wife know what I just spent. She said she didn't have as much a concern about the money spent as she did with my sudden obsession with flashlights. I just blamed it on you guys.

Tachead, if you had to choose between the ZL H600Fw and Fc, which one would you go with? Anyone else who wants to chime in, I'd like to hear your thoughts. Thanks for the help.

The Armytek's beam profile is different then the H600Fc MKIII. I currently have a H600Fc, a H600Fd, and an Armytek Tiara Pro XP-L Warm(same emitter and optics as the standard Wizard) if you have any questions about the differences. IMO the H600w is the the least useful of the five options(H600w, H600Fw, H600Fc, H603w, Wizard) when it comes to most headlamp uses. Most clear lens/reflector based headlamps are too throwy imo. They don't work as well for close to medium range uses, and the defined hotspot gives the traditional bouncing ball effect when hiking or running. I much prefer the medium diffused beam profile that the "F" series ZL's and AT Wizard/Tiara offers. You still get some throw but they have a nice smooth beam profile without the sharply defined hotspot.

I chose the H600Fc over the H600Fw because I wanted the higher CRI and cleaner tint it offers.

Last edited:

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks psychbeat...I found one of Stefano's videos comparing the H600Fw, H600Fc, and the Armytek Wizard V3 warm. The H600Fc and Wizard color temperature looked fairly similar in the video, which I guess they should since they're both supposed to be 4000K. If the H600w has the same color temperature as the H600Fw (4500K), I'm thinking I can compare the Wizard color temperature to the H600w, both of which I have on order. Maybe in this way I can get an idea if I'd prefer the H600Fc over the Fw.

The XP-L(Warm) Armytek's(Wizard/Tiara) are warmer then the H600Fc and are way warmer then the H600w or Fw. They are around 3500K. The H600Fc will be somewhere in between your H600w and Wizard at around 4000K and will have a cleaner tint and higher CRI then both.

Last edited:

Ag76

Newly Enlightened
The XP-L(Warm) Armytek's(Wizard/Tiara) are warmer then the H600Fc and are way warmer then the H600w or Fw. They are around 3500K. The H600Fc will be somewhere in between your H600w and Wizard at around 4000K and will have a cleaner tint and higher CRI then both.
Well, it looks like my plan is not so good after all. Thanks for the info, Tachead.

Just as an aside, I ordered the Wizard and the H600w on the same day. The Wizard is out for delivery today, and the ZL which showed "in stock", hasn't been shipped. But I won't be able to play around with the Wizard until batteries and charger arrive on Friday. And being a Texas resident, I also got to pay $7.35 Texas sales tax on the H600w. Not complaining though....:grin2:

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
The XHP50 Warm Wizard can also have some green, so the ZL F and C are surer bets if tint is important.

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Man... u guys are making me want a "C" super bad again.

I was about to buy one but they were out of stock and I ended up getting a Vinh modded H20 with ~4000K XPL-HI which has a gorgeous tint.
Vinh's driver is excellent and programmable but I still prefer the ZL UI as it's what I'm used to, having had my H600W with me every day for years.

The shallow reflector of the H20 combined with the uniform tint of the domeless emitter makes for a great beam although there is a hard transition from spot to spill.
The spot is so huge tho u don't notice it outside and the clear lens makes is more efficient and punchy.

tech25

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was by a relatives for the weekend and they had problem with the lights in the guest room- I ceiling bounced my zebralight H600fc on medium- 33 lumens- left it running for 2 days without a problem.

I am glad that I upgraded from an AA to an 18650 headlamp, I didn't have to worry about it at all- just left it running.

My only complaint is- I would like the 8 lumen setting on the low level so that I would be able to have either a sub lumen or 8 lumens on low and next level would be either 33 or 66. The jump from 8 to 66 is too much for me.

eraursls1984

Flashlight Enthusiast
My only complaint is- I would like the 8 lumen setting on the low level so that I would be able to have either a sub lumen or 8 lumens on low and next level would be either 33 or 66. The jump from 8 to 66 is too much for me.
Hopefully The full line of lights get the new UI this year. This is the only reason I've held off from buying a few headlamps, and a couple more flashlights. I'm also hoping for more modes on the 18650 models (3 per mode set of L-M-H, on at least on mode group).

tech25

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought this headlamp because I figured the new UI would be a long way out, I didn't think that they would have it out this year.

This is is an awesome headlamp and I don't regret buying it, I will just have to buy the new one just for the programmability and have this as my backup.