Zebralight SC52 & SC52w

[size=5]Are you looking into :thinking: buying the Zebralight [b]SC52[/b]?[/size]

• [size=3][b]Yes[/b], i pre-ordered it! :nana:[/size]

Votes: 74 17.7%
  • [size=3][b]Yes[/b], i ordered it. :grin2:[/size]

Votes: 114 27.3%
  • [size=3][b]Yes[/b], i [i]am[/i] going to order it sooner or later. Count me in yet! :santa:[/size]

Votes: 140 33.5%
  • [size=3][b]Yes[/b], but i am not too sure about it, neither now nor in future. :shrug:[/size]

Votes: 62 14.8%
  • [size=3][b]Yes[/b], but most likely it's [b]not[/b] gonna happen for some reason. :sigh:[/size]

Votes: 28 6.7%

• Total voters

markr6

Flashaholic
Somethings wrong with their email newsletters. I got 3 in the last few days...one was for the SC52L2 which has been out for awhile now. The others don't seem that new either. But at least I'm starting to get them now for some reason.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Somethings wrong with their email newsletters. I got 3 in the last few days...one was for the SC52L2 which has been out for awhile now. The others don't seem that new either. But at least I'm starting to get them now for some reason.

Same here. I figure something's better than nothing. It will be interesting to see how their new models play out: whether it's same-old same-old, or improved customer experience. (But I DO love the ZL's I have; using one of the two, nightly/numerous times)

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
The XM-L and L2 emitters seem to all have a greenish corona and tint variation, but I don't have any XP-G/2 or XP-E with a greenish corona.

I have an XPG2 with a green corona. It's a smaller hot spot, so is a bit more difficult to see than on the XML2. My XPE's are not green, but they all seem to have a purplish cast near the centre, or maybe their CCT is just so much higher than the XMLs and XPGs. But they are more consistent than the other LEDs.

KDM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I placed a order for a SC52W L2, H502C L2, & SC62D. I should have a rainbow of new colors.

jackbombay

Newly Enlightened
Good answer.

Indeed!

The correct number of lights to own is N+1, N being the number of lights you currently own.

I got my SC52w L2 today this thing is awesome, tint seems fine to me shining it on a white wall, but I am admittedly not too much of a flashaholic and I am admittedly not as discerning as many are when it comes to tint.

KDM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I received my lights from ZL, very pleased with the tint on all three. The SC52w L2 is a big improvement over the original, tint is a lot closer to what their XML neutral LEDs of the past were like. No green with the one I received. I like the looks of the SC62d, looks better in person than the photos I've seen. Tint is very pleasing and I'm really liking the darker anno also. The H502c also looks great, I love mule lights. Only complaint is ZL's own 14500 won't work in this light being a flat top cell and is also too long. My AW 14500 work just fine though.

sticktodrum

Enlightened
They list the 502 as not supporting li-ion batteries. Oddly enough the voltage range will cover it, but perhaps they put that there for the issue of sizing for standard AAs.

KDM

Flashlight Enthusiast
The ZL 14500's are bigger that any 14500 that I own. They do however have more capacity than most 14500 li ions, work great in the SC52.

trojansteel

Newly Enlightened
So I read a few pages back in this thread that there was some dispute as to whether the L2s are really "potted" any differently than prior models. Seems like this is an important factor for some folks... Has this been resolved/verified?

markr6

Flashaholic
So I read a few pages back in this thread that there was some dispute as to whether the L2s are really "potted" any differently than prior models. Seems like this is an important factor for some folks... Has this been resolved/verified?

They specify potted in the description. If there is a descrepency, the only think I can think of is an early run not having this, or vendors selling old stock as an L2. But I would be surprised with either of those unless it was a shady Ebay seller.

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
They specify potted in the description. If there is a descrepency, the only think I can think of is an early run not having this, or vendors selling old stock as an L2. But I would be surprised with either of those unless it was a shady Ebay seller.

It says the model on the side of the light, so it would be difficult to get away with selling an old version as an L2.

It would be interesting to see pictures from someone that has dissected the heads of an old version and an L2, to see the difference. There's no obvious potting that you can see without taking it apart.

markr6

Flashaholic
It says the model on the side of the light, so it would be difficult to get away with selling an old version as an L2.

I wouldn't put it past anyone, but shame on them if they do. I started buying direct from ZL anyway. BTW, I didn't even know what potted meant until now. Good to know!

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm curious if anybody is making a double looped clip for the SC52? You know, the kind that loops down normally so you can clip it to a pocket, but that loops back on itself to also allow clipping onto a ball cap. It's such a tiny little light that I think it would work perfectly for clipping on a hat brim.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm curious if anybody is making a double looped clip for the SC52? You know, the kind that loops down normally so you can clip it to a pocket, but that loops back on itself to also allow clipping onto a ball cap. It's such a tiny little light that I think it would work perfectly for clipping on a hat brim.
I think you are referring to the two way clip like those found on the latest Surefire lights? That's a brilliant idea! With such a floody beam profile on the SC52, it would definitely make a good headlamp.