ZebraLight SC600 MkII

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ordered mine directly from Zebralight on 4/15; so far haven't even gotten my email confirming shipment, although I expect it shouldn't be much longer (fingers crossed). I've been waiting for a MkII since they first announced the original was being updated (in January, maybe?) so I'm thinking another week or two won't kill me.

This morning I emailed E2 FieldGear and they confirmed that they have them in stock, so I cancelled my order w ZebraLight and am hoping to have it early next week. Both E2 and Zebralight have both sent emails and Zebralight cancelled my order and sent a paypal refund notification. The waiting is almost over!

mauiblue

Newly Enlightened
I had fun with the light last night. Still trying to figure out getting into the program mode. Other than that, I am satisfied with this new model. Fits/clips in my jeans pocket with no problems.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

bjt3833

Newly Enlightened
I had fun with the light last night. Still trying to figure out getting into the program mode. Other than that, I am satisfied with this new model. Fits/clips in my jeans pocket with no problems.

While in the mode level you want to change the 2 level of just double click until until it starts accessing the other levels is basically what I do.
I roughly count to 6 double clicks which is what you are supposed to do to access them and then when you find the level you want to program turn off the light for a second or two and it'll be all set. Just remember that clicking too much doesn't hurt to get into it. It might help to do the high level first since it has the slow strobe so it's most obvious to realize you did it properly.

I did a step down timer test earlier and 5 minutes of 900 lumens with my hand holding it for maximum heat transference this little thing gets TOASTY. At exactly 5 minutes it stepped down and it was hot enough to leave red on my hand where it wasn't far from burning me. Not complaining at all because it puts out some major light for the size and apparently has excellent heat transfer to the outside because I popped the battery out immediately and it was barely warm at all. The heat definitely goes where it is supposed to through the body and even the little stainless ring around the switch was hotter than the aluminum body I think. I guarantee you can never complain of colds hands at night when you have this puppy on you.

Last edited:

srmd22

Newly Enlightened
This morning I emailed E2 FieldGear and they confirmed that they have them in stock, so I cancelled my order w ZebraLight and am hoping to have it early next week. Both E2 and Zebralight have both sent emails and Zebralight cancelled my order and sent a paypal refund notification. The waiting is almost over!

Just did the same!

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got mine from E2 FieldGear yesterday. This sucker is a POCKET ROCKET! It is ALOT smaller than what I had expected from the pics that have been posted. I cant believe the amount of light that comes out of such a small unit. Very happy with this purchase!

Cessquill

Newly Enlightened
I don't suppose anybody from the UK has seen it hit the shores yet, have they? I held off ordering it direct to support local business (and I didn't know what the customs situation would be), but I've yet to see any local retailers mention it on their websites.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
My ZL SC600 Mk II swallows and runs fine on all the 3400 mah cells I tried, including the Fasttech protected, XTAR, etc.

In fact, when I double checked, the Mk II has MORE ROOM for cells than the Mk I does...as some of the larger 3400's were a tight fit in the Mk I, but fit into the Mk II.

:D

srmd22

Newly Enlightened
Well, y'all talked me into it. Incoming from E2 FieldGear, shipped yesterday! Should be here any day now!

david57strat

Enlightened
:D:D:D
zyqe6uza.jpg

I just got the light about an hour ago. Charging up my Callie's Kustoms batteries for tonight's patrol.

I would love to get my hands on one of these Zebralights. Just out of curiosity, which particular model of Callie's Kustoms batteries are you using, and is that a Pila charger? Could you please share your experience with them? I've been using EagleTac 3100mah 18650 batteries for about a year, and have been extremely pleased with them (dependability, output, etc.); but I'm not dead-set on using those exclusively, and am happy to experiment with other makers who use Panasonic-based 18650 batteries - especially since I have more lights that work on my favorite (18650) batteries, and tend to be gravitating towards the purchase of more 18650 lights.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Callies Kustoms work great too, and they have 3400 mah 18650's that fit, etc. The "Zombie Response" version of the 18650 3400 mah cells' STICKER makes them a tight fit, but the std label 3400 mah Caliies Kustoms fit fine.

I also use their IMR 18650's for lights that have iffy safety controls and/or benefit from super heavy amp supplies, as the IMRs make the lumens scream out a lot better under heavy load...at a sacrifice in total run time for lower/normal loads. (SC600 regulation means IMR's are not needed for peak output)

toysareforboys

Enlightened
Mine arrive today! OMFG it's so much brighter than my SC600w :)

LICK FOR HIGH RES!
(sorry for the mess, have a track day tomorrow so had to charge my cams and junk)

Love love love this light. I'll give it a try EDC'ing it but it's quite a bit bigger than my current edc, the SK68 :)

-Jamie M.

chappel

Newly Enlightened
Ordered on the 15th direct from ZebraLight, and just got my shipment notification - I should have it by Friday, so 2-4 weeks was an accurate estimate. Can't wait!

Nicola

Newly Enlightened
My ZL SC600 Mk II swallows and runs fine on all the 3400 mah cells I tried, including the Fasttech protected, XTAR, etc. ...

so dual spring make xtar 3400 acceptable even if slightly longer than recommended specs?,

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Last edited:

TEEJ

Flashaholic
so dual spring make xtar 3400 acceptable even if slightly longer than recommended specs?,

It looks like it.

At first I thought there was less room in the Mk II, but it was just that the spring in the Mk I had sagged a smidge. A depth gauge indicated the actual battery length is the same internally.

The Mk II actually has a smidge MORE internal diameter room for your fatter 18650's than the Mk I, at least on mine.

toysareforboys

Enlightened
I was asked to post a pic comparing the lowest low modes on both the SC600w and the MKII. The lowest mode on the MKII was accessed by long pressing the button to start in low mode, clicking 6 times to enter programming mode, then double clicking until the lowest low setting was reached:

2013-04-30-ZebraLight_SC600_MKII_super_low_mode_vs_SC600w_super_low_mode_S.jpg

LICK FOR: HIGH RES or UBER HIGH RES!!

That is the best pic I could take with my camera. The SC600w looks just a hair brighter in this pic than it does in real life, but the MKII is spot on. This was taken with a calibrated white balance and high CRI source for the background lighting, not sure if you can make out the tint difference between the two lights :)

-Jamie M.