Zebralight SC700d 21700 XHP70.2 90+CRI

radellaf

Flashlight Enthusiast
My second light was purchased with one battery; that battery was also shipped inside the light.
How odd, I've bought batteries a few times and they were never shipped in the light or even the box the light comes in. I have a SC64cLE coming with one battery so we'll see what happens on try #4... interesting.

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
How odd, I've bought batteries a few times and they were never shipped in the light or even the box the light comes in. I have a SC64cLE coming with one battery so we'll see what happens on try #4... interesting.

Mine have come in the box and light unless I order more than can fit in there.

low

Enlightened

I ordered mine from zebralight.

radellaf

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ordered mine from zebralight.

I've always ordered mine the same way, not even sure where else you'd get them.

SC64 came with the VTC6 in the light, at about 3.5V. Wouldn't turn on after tightening the cap, but works fine with a fresh cell. Not sure if there was an insulating piece in there I didn't see, the batt was too low despite what the charger said, or (probably) I didn't _really_ tighten the tailcap all the way.

Emisars have always come with the batt in the light, but this is the first ZL I've had come that way.

burntoshine

Enlightened
Nice
I would not mind taking a look at that light in person if you are game?
After the Snow in the Morning of course,cough,cough.

I'd probably be game another day. I was sleeping all morning.

...Emisars have always come with the batt in the light, but this is the first ZL I've had come that way.

Same here. This was the first time(s) I got a ZL shipped with a battery inside. But then I realized that I've almost never ordered a light and batteries at the same time from them. As usual, it appears I've learned nothing. :laughing:

I have been really happy with the '700d! This light really does fill a void that I had in my arsenal. I've sold a lot of lights on the marketplace over the years as I purchase other lights. I've been refining my collection to suit my uses. And while I am definitely a flashaholic, my collection might seem relatively small to others around here. My collection is mostly made up of pocketable lights; all EDC candidates. My biggest was my SC62w, which has been my EDC for several years now. And my H600w mkII is my right hand man when I'm on my bike. Those are my biggest lights. Some of the big guns seem cool, but I don't really have a use for one; most of them are too big to be practical for my uses. But I needed a more substantial light; something beyond EDC. 14 hours of 192 lumens with this tint and CRI is awesome!

This was exactly what I've been needing. This is what I grab for peeking outside the house at night, night hikes, my night commute to work, camping, anything outside at night, really. If I have any kind of backpack or bag with me, I now carry one or both of my '700s.

I love the tint. It does have a little extra yellowishness in the corona, but I don't usually notice it in real-world use, and it disappears as the distance increases. The main spot of the beam is nice and white and warm. The clip is quite adequate in my opinion and I don't ever plan on taking it off. I can't imagine it ever coming off on accident.

Zebralights have been evolving since the beginning and I feel like my perfect light has finally arrived.

Last edited:

Mr. LED

Enlightened
Hi, could you post a beamshot on a white wall, comparing the tint of your SC62w and the SC700d? I find my 700d too compared to my other neutral Zebralights. I've exchanged it, the store selected between 40 lights in stock, they said it was the warmest one they had, but it's still too cool for me.

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, could you post a beamshot on a white wall, comparing the tint of your SC62w and the SC700d? I find my 700d too compared to my other neutral Zebralights. I've exchanged it, the store selected between 40 lights in stock, they said it was the warmest one they had, but it's still too cool for me.

By the specs, it's supposed to be quite a bit cooler than the 62w.

But what I'm really surprised at is... wow... a store tested 40 different lights for you? I think you've either found a really good store or a really good liar.

Mr. LED

Enlightened
LMAO I like to think I found a good store! Usually they select my zebra tints and it's exactly what I ask for.

The 5000k is supposed to be cooler than the 4500k SC64w, but I see a lot of people here saying how their 700d is yellow, that I get intrigued.

Nichia!

Banned
Anyone saw (Zebralight bug) the fast blink and shut off bug yet?

burntoshine

Enlightened
It doesn't seem green to me in real life and it doesn't tint anything green at all. It appears to render colors quite nicely. To be honest, when both lights are on, next to each other, I do kind of like the '62w tint a bit better, but not by a huge amount. They're fairly close, but the '62w does seem warmer than the '700d. All of my neutral-tint lights vary from one to the other. I'm not the pickiest person when it comes to tint, as long as it's not cool white. Cool white can go get effed forever.

I was in love with 3000k-3500k for a while, but then I got some nichia 219 LEDs and really started liking them a lot. "I guess I sort of like them all".

markr6

Flashaholic
I'm liking this light. No elaborate uses as of yet; just sitting on the end table for some low ceiling-bounced light while watching movies in the dark basement. So, a $119 night light right now :)

Keitho

Enlightened
I got mine to flash then shut off, just took a triple click, pause, single click.