Zebralight update

Martin

Enlightened
As for magnetic end caps, possibly that would be better as an option than standard - not everyone wants their lights to be magnetic.

+1. It's a great light the way it is.

A friend with his wife has been visiting an hour ago. She really liked the H50, so he bought it from me. I need to get another one.

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any chance Zebralight will make a single AAA version of their lights? That would be the ultimate keychain/pocket/wallet light for me. Been thinking of buying the Fenix LD01, but would prefer the practical usefulness of the Zebralight lights.

uk_caver

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess that since a Zebralight is essentially a headlight, in that application there's little size-saving going to AAA, since you'd still need a headband.
Also, being a flood, to get light at any kind of distance (even a few metres) does require a significant amount of power, and an AAA wouldn't last long at those powers.
Headlamps also tend to get used for reasonable lengths of time, whereas flashlights are maybe more often used for brief periods.

Maybe there is a market, but there do seem to be a few factors leaning against an AAA light.
There doesn't seem to have been much demand from existing users - most of the requests so far seem to have been for 18650 versions.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Any chance Zebralight will make a single AAA version of their lights? That would be the ultimate keychain/pocket/wallet light for me. Been thinking of buying the Fenix LD01, but would prefer the practical usefulness of the Zebralight lights.
I've been waiting for the new AA version but would take their AAA in a heartbeat. It would make a very good rounding out of their lineup with something for everybody.

I think a L0D sized Zebralight, with a decent low would sell like hotcakes to the same kind of people that have made the L0D such a great seller. ;)

Shorty66

Enlightened
in my opinion, the aa light already is incredibly small.
Does anyone of you know the "Zipka" from petzl?
I think a machanism like that one used in the zipka would make a zebralight muchmore pocket able and lead to a treu EDC Headlamp.
I do EDC the h60, though the headlamp is too big to EDC.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I've been waiting for the new AA version but would take their AAA in a heartbeat. It would make a very good rounding out of their lineup with something for everybody.

I think a L0D sized Zebralight, with a decent low would sell like hotcakes to the same kind of people that have made the L0D such a great seller. ;)

I wouldn't mind seeing one of these, too. But, I'm very partial to 1AAA lights, I guess because I seldom really need a lot of power. At least with this group it could be popular.

Geoff

nars42

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, AAA would be awesome. On low it would still get a day or two of run time!

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
They need to advertise their products more effectively. For example there are more than one ways to use their lights hand-free. You can clip the light to your pocket or belt and use it hand-free. There are so many ways to use it that you can't with a conventional flashlight. I would bet that for 90% of flashlight users the Zebralight design is more useful and practical.

Last edited:

brucec

Enlightened
Does anyone of you know the "Zipka" from petzl?
I think a machanism like that one used in the zipka would make a zebralight muchmore pocket able and lead to a treu EDC Headlamp.

YES!!! I have been waiting for Petzl to update the Zipka to a power LED or someone else to come out with a retractable head band. I also have a Tikka XP, and while I like the light itself, I would rather not have to deal with the band when it is in the pack. A reflector-less SSC or Cree would be perfect in the Zipka!

Shorty66

Enlightened
Im currently thinking about buying an old zipka and gluing the ratractable headband of the zipka to the pocketclip from zebralight.
That way you would have a pocketclip on the one side and a headband on the other wich would still be small enough to fit into the pocket.

Does anyone know why zebralight doens't make the pocketclip from GITD-Silicone?
I dont ever use the black Silicone holder and the combination of pocketclip an retractable headband would be even cooler if it was GITD.
Imagine that with the magnetic mount discussed in another thread....

If you like the normal headband better, you could still use it because its interchangeable...

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Add me to the list too. Whatever it is, I hope it has everything the H30 has while runs on an AA.