Zebralight update

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I next have some time at home, I'll do a Zebralight like I said above in Autocad Inventor. I'm only in high school, but I'll try my best. Oh, BTW, can anyone tell me the actual dimensions (preferably in mm's) of the Zebralight H50? Ie: length, overall, taicap, head, etc. Battery tube wall thickness, diameter ovearall, head unit.
If you can, it'll definitely simplify the time it takes me.
icon7.gif

Last edited:

f22shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I next have some time at home, I'll do a Zebralight like I said above in Autocad Inventor. I'm only in high school, but I'll try my best. Oh, BTW, can anyone tell me the actual dimensions (preferably in mm's) of the Zebralight H50? Ie: length, overall, taicap, head, etc. Battery tube wall thickness, diameter ovearall, head unit.
If you can, it'll definitely simplify the time it takes me.
icon7.gif

Dimension
  • Diameter 18.3 mm (3/4")
  • Length 66.5 mm (2 5/8")

GregFL

Newly Enlightened
What I would like to see Zebralight come out with is a light that had a reflector based LED on one end (something similar in size to the EX10) and a 90* head (like the H30) on the other. The LED's would work independently but share the same cell - basically combining the EX10 and H30 into one light. To me this would be the perfect EDC because you would have the advantage of a conventional flashlight and the Zebralight in a single package.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Or maybe just inset the LED or use a small focusing lens on the existing H50 to give us that tiny AA light we've all been looking for.

Geoff

eyeeatingfish

Enlightened
I think that if they make a reflector they should make it one that slides on. It wouldnt be perfect allignment but I think the flexibility would be very nice.
And id like the AA version to work with a lithium ion AA battery

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just recieved some return correspondence from Zebralight!
icon10.gif

And I quote:
Hi *****,
The upcoming H501 is an angle headed headlamp/tasklight.
Best regards,
Lillian Xu
ZebraLight
<[email protected]>
[/quote]

This new light is sounding better and better.

NightBeacon

Newly Enlightened
The new H501 headlight is displayed on the website however it is temporarily out of stock.

eyeeatingfish

Enlightened
Wow, what changed the H50 Q5 says 66 lumens for 2 hours 20 minutes while the H51 says 96 lumens for 2.3 hours. Did they come out with a more efficient Q5?

80 degree flood instead of 120. Not sure if i like that they are cutting that down if youre using this for area lighting.

Not sure what else is different other than the button. Not sure if the button warrants buying a new one. Im glad to see that i can use a 14500 in it though. Not as much runtime as a regular AA or nimh is it though???

What i think would be awesome is if they made a slide on reflector. One attached to a rubber or plastic sleeve that went over the hear like the old rubber accesories. Sure it might not align perfectly like a fixed reflector but I would be getting something else if thats what i wanted.