Help me find a new Wallet!

Saaby

Flashaholic
Hi guys. I like to travel light, and that includes what's on my rear.

The wallet I'm using right now is perfect, so naturally, they seem to have discontinued the design.

Let me describe it to you.
It's a bi-fold.

It's leather on the outside with a nylon? interior.

The outside has 2 pockets on 1 side, and 0 pockets on the other side.

The inside has 2 card-pockets on 1 side, and a clear ID pocket on the other side.

There is no place for cash. It is very thin.

Everything I'm finding is HUGE in comparison. Sometimes I get close, but the ID pocket is on the outside and I would prefer it on the inside. Other times I think I have it, but they've gone and attached a money clip.

I'm thinking of this ONE but I'd like to have some other options presented first :p

Thanks much,

dtrego

Newly Enlightened
Saaby,

Try www.all-ett.com - they're made completely of spinnaker sailcloth and are very thin (doesn't sound like the design you have, though, but maybe compatible?). I don't have one, but have been considering ordering one myself. Just waiting on my current wallet to wear out.

- Dwayne

Cadster

Newly Enlightened
I spent hours online looking for the 'perfect' wallet.
It has served me well for 5 months so far..
It's thin, measures 3 1/2" x 4", outer surface resists scarring, and all card pockets face inward to keep cards from falling out. Only available in black.
You might find it cheaper elsewhere.
http://www.lodis.com/products/product_detail.aspx?id=33

Bradlee

Enlightened
dtrego said:
Try www.all-ett.com - they're made completely of spinnaker sailcloth and are very thin (doesn't sound like the design you have, though, but maybe compatible?). I don't have one, but have been considering ordering one myself. Just waiting on my current wallet to wear out.
- Dwayne

Wow, that's slick; I think I need a new wallet :). That product demonstation video is really enticing.

-Brad

Brock

Flashaholic
You won't find one thinner then the LA Wallet. I bought one and after I had it I ordered 2 more so I have them. I carry a total of 6 cards, 1 each on the outside, the ones I use most, then 2 each on the inside clear part, and then fold cash in half and tuck it behind the inside cards. Works perfect.

Solstice

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't have it, but judging from some of their other products, they are a quality company:
http://www.duluthtrading.com/search/searchresults/86028.aspx

The all-ett is neat but notice that, while very thin, the face-on dimensions are 5 inches by 3.75 inches- that is a lot bigger than most wallets (mine is 4 inches by 3 inches, but of course thicker). This would be more of an issue for me since I carry mine in my front right pocket with my Fenix L1P along side. If I were to get one, it would probably be the Jr. Billfold- very minimalist.

Saaby

Flashaholic
The All-Ett looks nice, but I don't want a slot for bills (That's what my money clip is for) and I like the ID view-window on the LA Wallet, so I think I'm sill leaning towards that.

Personally don't care for the looks of the one from duluth, but it looks like a quality product!

newo

Newly Enlightened
How about a non-wallet wallet? There's this - http://www.storus.com/moneyclips.htm which I came across recently, and have been thinking about.

I have used a bi-fold from Coach for a number of years, but am thinking about retiring it for something a bit smaller. I'm looking at this clip thing, and now I'll look at this sailcloth item as well.

nikon

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got the one in the pictures below at Wilson's Leather, a mall-based chain, at a pre-Christmas sale last year for about 6.00. You can also find a selection of these at Mori's Luggage and Gifts, another mall chain, for around 15.00. The color is off in the pictures, not in the wallet.

w1.jpg
w2.jpg

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Saabby-

What do you think of the CKTC KISS? I would like to try one out but I'm on the fence. KISS Money Clip

I like my bi-fold but have thought about getting something thinner so I'll be watching to see what you settle on.

--------------

- Jeff

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'v been looking for a thin black leather wallet that can hold coins... cant seem to find one.

-David

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was in the same boat you are four years back. I went shopping for wallet for almost 1/2 a year (litterally) to replace the one I got from my graduation present.

I finally ran across a "mook" on my trip to Korea. It's not cheapest but by far it's the thinnest wallet I ever had.

I tend to keep my only my Driver Licence / couple Jackson / Debit / Visa / Discover
Not much room for anything else. But then you don't need much for daily use if you're a heavy credit user like I am.

10150450109fa34030ss.jpg

These are some of the newer models that they have.
Visiting Card Wallet 50145fa
Visiting Card Wallet 50113ea
Visiting Card Wallet 50109fa

Last edited:

Saaby

Flashaholic
LA Wallet arrived today, along with some other goodies (Dang you County Comm!).

Very happy with it. Still prefer the layout of my old wallet, but this is the best of anything I've seen recently, and I'm sure I'll get used to this quickly.

Solstice

Flashlight Enthusiast
Those Rayskin wallets look cool- but $$ wow!

EDIT: Am I the only one who hates ID windows in a wallet? Anywhere I need to show ID makes me take it out anyway, and the plastic+stitching is always the first thing to get dirty and fall apart.

hector

Newly Enlightened
The mook is nice, the style I use. Cards go in the slots and money between the bi-fold. Then a runner band, or whatever holds it all together.

Thanks for the posts, I was looking for a new wallet.

jashhash

Enlightened
I make my wallet out of Duct Tape. Its thinner than almost all wallets out there and I can add whatever pockets on it I wish (Like a pocket for my flash drive). The down side is they wear out every 6-8 months and I have to make a new one. But hey... At a cost of 60 cents per wallet its worth it I think.