Does anyone have a pic of the original Star Trek handheld light?

io333

Newly Enlightened
It was used in that episode where they got thrown back in time and tore apart a jet fighter & beamed the pilot aboard and had to go down to earth and retrieve some records in a base office. I think Sulu was holding it.

If you can track down a pic, can you post it, or a link to it here?

panflute

Newly Enlightened
I know that episode...do you know the name of the episode?
I have every star trek ever done on vcr tapes, but they are not cataloged....
but if you had the episode name I may be aboe to find it...
-panflute

Arkayne

Enlightened
How about this:

On stardate 3113.2 the U.S.S. Enterprise was accidently sent into the past by a near collision with a blackhole, and the ship was detected as an unidentified flying object in Earth's atmosphere. Captain Kirk and Lieutenant Sulu beamed down to retrieve Air Force photographic evidence of the Enterprise. ("Tomorrow Is Yesterday" [TOS]).

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I asked a similar question back in January: http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=73212

Since then I've aquired the complete DVD collection and I think I know what they did. The flashlight used in Tomorrow is Yesterday appears to be a reworked prop used in other episodes. It looks similar to the laser beacon used in "The Squire of Gothos" and some techie tool Spock was using to work on the underside of the communications station in "This Side of Paradise".

Yeah yeah I know, get a life. :( :nana:

panflute

Newly Enlightened
That episode is from season 1 .... I looked it up on my cell phone....yes I have ALL of the star trek episodes listed on my cellphone....in addition have I many of the episodes (the videos) saved on my cellphone that I watch when I am standing in line or waiting somewhere.....I have an Audiovox 5600 - a windows smartphone with a 220 x 176 svga active screen....the software to convert a dvd to the phone's format is free....GREATEST phone I have owned so far. It does everything except Wi-Fi which be included on many of the next generation phones...
anyway I got off topic (although watching star treks on my phone is kindof related)....
looks like someone else here has the episode in question.
what I would really like is a Tricorder.....
-panflute
:wave:

io333

Newly Enlightened
Yes, when I bought my Innova X1, I immediately noted how much the beam was exactly like the one in that Star Trek episode.

panflute

Newly Enlightened
Here it is:
st1.jpg

the screen & colors are sharp and no lines....can't seem to get a good pic of it tho... :nana:

Size15's

Flashaholic
Just remember next time when you're in a group of people and the lights go out and somebody else turns on his minimag and somebody else comments "Thank God you were carrying a flashlight!"
You say "Flashlight?! That ain't no flashlight! this is a flashlight!!" as you switch on your EDC and the whole room is filled with light.

The minimag owner mutters "Every once in a while, I feel a little geeky. Now I know that I've got nothing to fear..."

:naughty: :popcorn:

I always wanted one of those wristlights they had on Star Trek (DS9 I believe?)...

AJ_Dual

Enlightened
I always wanted one of those wristlights they had on Star Trek (DS9 I believe?)...

I've got a mini-m@g er… "Federation Issue Emitter: Light-Type IV" and an elastic band, er… "Federation Issue Retention Strap: Type III" I could sell you.

I'd let it go easy. Say for three bars of Gold-Press Latinum?

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now that we've all established ourselves as incurable Star Trek geeks, I'd like to add that I did some considerable research over the years and found the offset filming locations used in the original Star Trek series. If anyone is, or planning on, being in the Los Angeles area and would like to "boldly go where no man has gone before" then simply email me (s66[at]smrn[dot]com) and I'll send you the basic details via an MS Word document. I used both DVD playback and a GPS to log a few specific scene locations. I think I'm the only trekkie who ever compiled this information and I had a lot of fun finding these places.

I even discovered some odd trivia along the way, like the obelisk (asteroid deflector) in "The Paradise Syndrome" was the exact same location where Andy and Opie were skipping stones in the beginning of "The Andy Griffifth Show", or the back side of the Bat Cave was used as the slaves' hideout in "Bread and Circuses".

Here's a sample picture: Vasquez Rocks in Agua Dulce. The fire department on the right is watching a helicopter rescue while some filming group on the left is making their own Trek episode.
00027CrowdWatchingRescue.jpg

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool!!! I can imagine that light with a U-bin lux 3 or X-bin lux 5 on one side and a HID on the other,and some leds in the middle.

Flashlight geek checking in!

AlexGT

NikolaTesla

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now if that arm light just had 6 U(Unobtanium)bin Lux III overdriven to 1350 MA....:wow: