New lights and sales at Gander Mountain

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well new to me. They have a pair of luxeon lights, a 1 watt and a 3 watt. Uses the AAA carriers for power. The pair runs $69. A little steep maybe but they are decent lights.

The Dorcy 8 LED 2C Light is a whoppin $19.95, compared to $32 at the Meijer stores here.

They also have a 6.5 MCP rechargeable spot light of the Thor stable for $19 with discounts and rebates.

Plus the Browning Black Ice Xenon lights in Snow camo and orange camo.

Anyway on to the lights The one watt has a two stage circuit for bright and not as bright light. It is a black 6P derivative styled light with a deep moderately textured (not intentional i'd guess) reflector. The switch is on the side Mag D/C style. The 3 watt is a gold anodized unit with a tail clicky and the same reflector setup.

The anodizing is standard and already starting to come off the black light.

Both units come to pieces quite easily and if anyone is interested I can supply photos. If not I can supply them anyway to stroke my fragile ego. :p

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
I forgot to mention I saw a crank light that should be at Restoration Hardware. Not only does it have a jack to charge a cellphone, it has a removeable crank that takes hex screwdriver bits that are stored in the body. At $19 bucks the lady working the area told me they were flying out of the place as fast as they stocked the shelf.

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Pair of lights plus a close cousin maybe?

trio.jpg

The black one is the 1 watt unit. It has two stages, 600 and 300 lux if I measured correctly. Almost the same with Alkalines or NIMH. Here it is gutted.

thebits.jpg

The gold one I have not been able to press the dirver or resistor packet out of the lamp assembly. It looks like a plastic plug in a metal housing that must be regulated somehow as it has a ground wire attached to the body housing. No need to ground a simple resistor.

These are decent units. The black one is NOT watertight, the switch button is a gaping hole to the guts. Which look like the REV2 board in the new undesireable Dorcy AAA light in construction style. That plus the Anodizing is coming off already I would downgrade them from A $69 value to $55-60 for the pair.