What new 2006 lights are on your wish list?

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought it would be interesting to see what your typical CPF'er is pondering to aquire in the upcoming year. As we know, the Luxeon K2 will show up and MagLEDs will make an appearance...lithium-ion rechargables continue to improve etc.
So, what are the lights you plan on purchasing for 2006?

For me, here is my plan:

Keychain light Peak Ocean AAA Luxeon Finally, Luxeon goodness on my keychain!

Mods and things:
Andrew Wynn's BAM 4 Luxeon K2 emitter 3 output levels by adjusting the head Mag mod. Not sure if I will run it on 8AA NiMH or three lithium-ion cells for power but having 400+ lumens and adjustable output make it the cannon I can use (My use is a bike light)

MillerMods Fenix L1P driven at 1.7 watts with a high/low switch.
Use one of those for my bicycle helmet light for more punch. I think 400+ lumens on the frame and 60+ lumens on the helmet will make me very noticable.

Vaporware for 2005 that I hope makes it to production in 2006 light:
LRI Proton with Luxeon K2 and two 3mm red LEDs. (Not the pile of Nichia 5mm LEDs model) Variable output on the K2 LED and two red 3mm LEDs make it a no-brainer as the light to have attached to body armor for desert use light. Use as low red light when running to the bunker and low white for inside until everything is clear.

2006 light that I want to strip parts for my other flashlights light:
MagLED minimag with (I hope) a shielded tail clickie that stands on end to replace my Krolls. One can dream...

Any other thoughts?

Macaw

Enlightened
Somebody will have to come up with a real Doozy to trump what I've bought in 2005:
Raw Ni, Peak CPF Spec., L1P Fenix, These all represent top level performance in their respective categories. I'm always looking for that pocket rocket that will throw a nice beam for 100 yards or so. Haven't got it yet. I think it will take at LEAST a next level stage of develoment in LED technology to get my juices flowing. Will this happen in 2006? We'll see...

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
The SPY005 and a decent Luxeon AAA powered EDC. The rest of the bases I've got covered.

Shoot I forgot I will probibly end up getting a Streamlight Litebox this year.

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
HDS U85GT

SF KL6 (if they put an optic in it this year)

IR filter for my M3T

Maybe I'll pick up an X5T w/ red LEDs and a 24/7

:)

Last edited:

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
Picked up too many not so hot lights in the last 2 years. Do not want to waste any more money.....

Fenix L1.
Peak Ocean ???
Was going to buy myself a Fenix L1 on boxing day but Lighthound got cleaned out in 12 hours when their stock came in. Ouch!!! Spent the money on the 2xTM-310H CPF special at J2ledflashlight. If I find them bright enough, the Fenix and Peak can wait. (I was impressed enough by the RR 2AAA I bought on the B/S/T forum to go after the 1AAA)

Electrolumens' My Little Friend.
3x3 watts 210 lumens in a package that fits in the palm of the hand. Terrible runtime but at least I got a WOW light.

Maybe I'll get a superMJLED kit.

I'll probably pass on the Proton. The angry blue of overdriven Nichias is not my cup of tea. I'll probably pick up the Fenix if I need s pocketable light brighter than the Nuwai 1AAA and the Proton will become redundant.

Cmoore

Enlightened
ORB RAW Ns is the only 2006 light on my radar screen.

hand_wee_Raw-copy.jpg

The 123 battery in this pic is shown for size comparison; the RAW Ns uses a smaller rechargable Lithium Ion battery.

Basic specs on the light:

3 watt TWAJ
High Low 2 stage Twisty
15mins Run time High
7 Hours Run Time Low
Mcr-16mm Aluminium Reflector
310 Mah Li-ion Rechargeable 14250
Material Nickel Silver
O-rings Bezel & join
45mm Long 18mm Dia

Last edited:

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Honestly, really, no fooling...nuttin' at this time, but Cmoore's hand isn't helping with that Orb and the juicy specs. How much i$ that thing? I haven't been paying attention but I might, eventually, be paying!

Sixpointone

Enlightened
I know that I am likely just dreaming, but the light I would like to get would be a SureFire Darpa.

Hans

Enlightened
In order of priorities:

- a couple of HDS battery tubes (2xCR123, 2xAA)
- Peak Ocean Luxeon 1 AAA
- possibly CR2 Ion
- any decent Maglite with LEDs (mostly because I'm curious)

Hans

Kiessling

Flashaholic
tvodrd said:
"we" Do we get to meet? :D

Larry

Well ... not exactly :nana: ... unfortunately.
You'll do all the tiring walking around at the show and tell me what you saw :D
bernie

greenLED

Flashaholic
In no particular order or actual chance of getting them; these are lights that have crossed my mind:

Indium Smart
Aleph (with a couple of heads/bodies/etc.) I wanna build it myself. :D
BD Vectra IQ
A white tailcap for my GL3, and maybe a clicky (maybe)
A couple of mod projects that did not get completed in 2005 (nFlex 2D Mag, ArcAA Lux mods)
A SF e2e+KL_
CR2 Ion
An HID for my bike (yeah, right, like that's gonna happen!! :laughing: )

Looks like I add one every hour: HDS (U60, probably).

Last edited:

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
In 2006, I'd like to get:

Streamlight TL-3 and unprotected 17500 cells to run it
Gerber Recon
Orb Raw, JIL or Amilite
Nice, white KL1 for my Vital Gear body

I recently sold my Lux-modded ARC AAA to start raising money for one of andrewwynn's Nanos which is on my short list of lights to get.

And I'd certainly like a modded Fenix L1P... I'd personally like something that would be close to a direct driven (or at least regulated at close to 900+ ma) Lux III on a 14500 cell with about a 2-stage switch with about a 20 ohm resistor.

For bigger dollar stuff, I'd like an Aleph III with a U-bin and a 2 stage tailcap. I'd also like one of cmacclel's Mini HIDs and one of bwaits' UCLs but those aren't pressing by any means. What I'd really like is the brightest HIDs that will fit in a 2D or 3D body... maybe later in the year, more options will open up.

I just built a Mag74/non-overdriven Mag85 and as soon as I get a third matching Lux RYAH or RW0H, I'm going to build a Lux I Tri Star which should give nice runtime. Might also do a regulated tri or quad Lux III that in a Mag 2C that runs on 2 18650 cells.

Honestly though, I had a very good light year this year so there aren't really many 'needs' on my list.