Help me build a work light please.

oregonshooter

Enlightened
I need a rechargeable light for work (industrial Electrician on Graves) that will have good run time, moderate output (40-60lum) and long lasting batteries since I'm paying for them.

I have an origianl 6P that has a melted lens and the bulb went out the other day, so there is that for a base unit.

I was going to buy a Strion, but thought I would let the gurus here comeup with something better based on the 6P body.

Would it be cost effective or would the output be worth converting to an LED head with a 9P extention and using the SF charging package?

I 'm thinking there is better options out there, but don't have teh knowledge of where to look.

Should I just tank the idea of the 6P and get something else?
I figure it's gotta be LED for any kind of long running output at 40-60lum without heating issues?

Any suggestions?

Flakey

Enlightened
you could throw some pila rechargeable batteries in that 6p of yours. that would pretty much solve the problem methinks.

oregonshooter

Enlightened
hmmm.... I did a google for pila and found

"If you will be using the Pila batteries in a Surefire 6V light that uses a P60 lamp module, I would recommend getting the Pila 3.7V lamp assembly which can act as a direct replacement for the P60 lamp. The Pila lamp is designed to run at the lower voltage"

That sounds like a solution to me!!! Thanks for the tip.