Baseball Cards from 1980. valuable?

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was doing a bunch of hunny do's yesterday and found a 25 y/o collection of baseball cards from the 1980 season.

Some of the guys are;
Lamar Johnson
Scott McGregor
Jose Morales
Ken Griffey
Greg Luzwinski
Dusty Baker
Floyd Bannister
Jerry Terrell
Rusty Tores
Rob Dressler
Alex Travino

and many others.

Since I have a very low baseball IQ I was wondering if anyone here knows of the value of these. I only recognized Dusty Baker since he was the coach here in San Francisco.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder if I have some of my old ones still. I have Darryl Strawberry, that's all I can remember.

CLHC

Flashaholic
Wow. . .All I remember doing with baseball cards was leaning them on a wall and trying to knock them down one-by-one via frisbeeing another baseball card at it. . .We had NO appreciation for them back then. Mai Oh Mai! ! !

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe a more knowledgeable person then myself will chime in but I don't think the players you mentioned probably have much value for that year as I don't believe any of them were rookies. I have a 1980 Ricky Henderson rookie card that is worth a little bit.

RebelRAM

Enlightened
Go check out a price guide called Beckett Baseball.
http://www.beckett.com/subscriptions/subs.asp?action=StartWiz#BB

You can find it at most magazine racks in book stores and grocery stores. Most collectors go by it's prices when trading and selling cards. Beckett also publishes a yearly book, but I found the magazines to be much cheaper and easier for doing random checks from time to time.

I collected and traded cards in the late 80's to early 90's. I still have most all of my collection. Someday I'll pass it down to my kids. I have no clue what it's worth, but hopefully it will be worth a lot to them.