Strangest gift given to Wife (or Girlfriend for the single crowd) for Valentines Day?

Topper

Flashaholic*
I made Butter, yep Butter all by myself. I looked it up and found an easy way (I thought easy) way to make Butter. So I did. My arms ache a little and my hands are shaking but I did it and if I was a betting man I would bet the Wife will tear up when she gets homemade Butter just for her. Not because I trashed the kitchen but because I MADE BUTTER just for her. So anybody do anything strange or is it just me??
Topper....Buttery smooth Topper

carrot

Flashaholic
Re: Strangest gift given to Wife (or Girlfriend for the single crowd) for Valentines Day?

Topper said:
if I was a betting man I would bet the Wife will tear up when she gets homemade Butter just for her.

Buttery smooth Topper, does the wife like butter that much? Tell us her reaction!

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Re: Strangest gift given to Wife (or Girlfriend for the single crowd) for Valentines Day?

Topper, that is freakin hilariuos, how did you make butter, with a churn?

Did you ever get that 12Z to LZ?

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast

Well ... I kinda hate to tell you this now, but did you know that you could use an electric mixer, beater, or food processor, these days rather then churning?

Topper said:
My arms ache a little and my hands are shaking but I did it Topper....Buttery smooth Topper

hector

Newly Enlightened

I always went with the flowers and card route, occasionally I'd hand make a card. But then I'm getting divorced, so I guess it didn't work. Next time I'm making butter. In fact, next time I'm making Polish sausage in the shape of a heart, maybe that'll work better.

Butter, that's brilliant.

Greens_Rules

Newly Enlightened

I think Topper Topped us all by the butter!!!

Great job..

Screehopper

Enlightened
That is a strange gift.

Topper really put some effort into making the butter by hand instead of using electrical appliances.

Topper

Flashaholic*

Ha Too funny. I assume Brighteyez is single,or newly married. Yes you can but it is nowhere close to effort based on love. That song you remember climb the highest mountain?? You could rent a helicopter but it ain't the same. Same results? yep but still not the same not even close.

PsM of course it got to LZ; I never saw it, Jon shipped to LZ as I asked.

Back to Butter.. Heavy Cream buy it at the store put in a container and shake the tar out of it. After awhile it will turn solid/liquid drain liquid (true Butter milk not the semi spoiled stuff you get at the store) shake a lot more add a little salt if you wish and you got BUTTER it will start to firm up drain liquid and then stick it in the fridge. Wife came home for a few minutes then left to pick up our kid form Soccer practise. No tears yet but quivering upper lip as she left. Ha-Ha she will try to cry it out before coming home hopefully before Eric sees her.
Topper

hector

Newly Enlightened

Topper said:
Ha Too funny. I assume Brighteyez is single,or newly married. Yes you can but it is nowhere close to effort based on love. That song you remember climb the highest mountain?? You could rent a helicopter but it ain't the same. Same results? yep but still not the same not even close.

PsM of course it got to LZ; I never saw it, Jon shipped to LZ as I asked.

Back to Butter.. Heavy Cream buy it at the store put in a container and shake the tar out of it. After awhile it will turn solid/liquid drain liquid (true Butter milk not the semi spoiled stuff you get at the store) shake a lot more add a little salt if you wish and you got BUTTER it will start to firm up drain liquid and then stick it in the fridge. Wife came home for a few minutes then left to pick up our kid form Soccer practise. No tears yet but quivering upper lip as she left. Ha-Ha she will try to cry it out before coming home hopefully before Eric sees her.
Topper

Yes, but taking pig's meat, grinding it up, mixing with salt and garlic then running it through the grinder again, stuffing it into the pig's own intestines, and then shaping it into a heart, good grief, WHAT MORE CAN A WOMAN ASK. It's delicious.

ok, I'm a bit jaded. Keep us posted.

Last edited:

Topper

Flashaholic*

hector, if you have the stuff needed to do that and do it on a semi regular basis you strike out. Soorrrry thems the brakes. Now if you do not and you attempt it first time only as in ONLY time you win. Think about it guys, you got to do something extra ONE TIME kinda thing now and then. I have been married since 1981 (I think) so you got to pull a stop or too on occasion ; new not done out of the box sort of thing. Making Butter would keep me in good standing for years. I am already trying to figure out what to do next year.
Life is too short to not spend time guessing what might please the Wife no matter the problems I love my Wife so I will always try to please her. All good
guys will do likewise. Clue to women CPF'ers (now is when you should post how great a husband I am) (I hope that was subtle)
Topper

Last edited:

hector

Newly Enlightened

The only time she was happy (clue to single guys) was if I thought the gift out weeks (preferably months) in advance. Flowers and a card are too easy to do the day before.

But I still contend that a heart shaped sausage would take at least a week or two to plan out. I make sausage only every 3-4 years, not all the time. So, for the next wife I think it should be considered special (but you never know how a women's mind works).

So, how did it go?

Last edited:

Topper

Flashaholic*

Ah hector my friend, the night is but young. I shall know in the rise of the morning Sun, but never a word shall be spoken as to the night.
Topper

hector

Newly Enlightened

AMEN!

Hornet

Newly Enlightened

I did a bag of ruber stamps. Went over better than the candy flower thing last year.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic

I love Topper's idea! That was sweet, a hand-made gift of love.

greenLED

Flashaholic

Buttery smooth Topper!
The strangest gift I gave my wife was a Wenger knife. It has this really intricate & colorful pattern on the sides.

Hmmm... butter... :thinking: