Brightest Homemade Lux I Saftey Light Ever !?

Budman231

Enlightened
I've been working on a Luxeon-based safety light for running at night for some time now. I just finished it up this morning and wanted to share some pics with everyone.

(How can I post some photos here... Says I cannot attach files in profile ?)

The reason I want to share it is beacuse I got some great suggestions from some folks on this forum and because I think it came out very well. It uses 4 LUX I white Emitters in a blinking pattern side to side. These freakin things are bright !!

It uses a 9v battery and an astable multi-vibrator circuit which I constructed from some capasitors, resistors, and NPN transistors. It really works great

Anyway hope I can share this beast with you guys...

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
Budman231 said:
I've been working on a Luxeon-based safety light for running at night for some time now. I just finished it up this morning and wanted to share some pics with everyone.

(How can I post some photos here... Says I cannot attach files in profile ?)

The reason I want to share it is beacuse I got some great suggestions from some folks on this forum and because I think it came out very well. It uses 4 LUX I white Emitters in a blinking pattern side to side. These freakin things are bright !!

It uses a 9v battery and an astable multi-vibrator circuit which I constructed from some capasitors, resistors, and NPN transistors. It really works great

Anyway hope I can share this beast with you guys...
upload the pics to imageshack.com and then just copy paste the forum URL into here.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
is it big? Also, what is a safety light?

-David