Help, Need a 2 AA flashlight with a PR base bulb

Plinko

Newly Enlightened
I've been looking for a 2-AA flashlight that takes a PR base bulb and has a focusable reflector. So far, the closest thing I've found is the Princeton Tech Tech20, however, it's not focusable
frown.gif
Does anyone know of a flashlight, regardless of brand, that uses this combination?

PR base bulb
2 AA batteries
Focusable beam

Thanks for any help you guys might be able to offer.

Cheers!

Plinko

Newly Enlightened
Thansk for the suggestion...I really need a PR bulb mount though. I recently purchased a LS "pro series" LED replacement bulb (3V) from LED Corp, and I Love it! In a Maglight 2-D it shines so brigth, and SO FAR!! I do a lot of backpacking and can't imagine lugging the huge Maglight around in a pack, so I'm looking for smaller and lighter options. The Princeton Tech Solo headlamp (and Tech 20 handheld) work, but because they're not focusable, you end up with a close-up flood light, just a shade brighter than the Matrix, istead of the full potential that's seen when it's put into a Maglight. Thanks again for the resopnses.
smile.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Streamlight DID make a focusable 2 AA light that even had a swivel head that you could change to an anglehead flashlight. I have one. There is no model name on it but it does use a 2 AA cell PR base bulb. It's focus range is not great but it has served me well. The switch is on the battery compartment endcap. Sorry I cannot remember the model name. And I have not seen one in a store in over a year. Check out the Streamlight sight.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Plinko:
I've been looking for a 2-AA flashlight that takes a PR base bulb and has a focusable reflector. So far, the closest thing I've found is the Princeton Tech Tech20, however, it's not focusable
frown.gif
Does anyone know of a flashlight, regardless of brand, that uses this combination?

PR base bulb
2 AA batteries
Focusable beam

Thanks for any help you guys might be able to offer.

Cheers!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Empath

Flashaholic
As Ranger said, the Streamlight with the swivel head is one. I have it, but never cared much for it, particularly the poor focus arrangement. I've now installed a Versalux 2cell PR LED in it, and it does an acceptable job. Present flashlights available that fit your request is a Coleman Graphite. It's focus works well, and it can be focused into a tight beam.

Gandalf

Enlightened
I have 2 of the now discontinued Streamlight flashlights that have the focusing head, and the head that that swivels from straight to right angle. They use a PR base lamp. The switch is in the end cap: you rotate it to turn on. I found them a bit nicer to use than the Mini Maglite, because they stayed in focus, and you could get a very tigh beam by manipulating the bulb and focus. I haven't used them in quite awhile; if you can't find another light that works for you, I'll sell one of the Streamlight lights.
wink.gif