Barter System Thread???

jpfaff

Newly Enlightened
Many of us have skills that would benefit others... Mine for example is repair of the movement of clock movements.. I have alot of experience working on clock movements. I worked at a shop called Joseph Wise Fine Clocks. Ranging from the oldest(1782) to the newest.. I can guarantee your movement will run,( but when product is shipped youll have to put in beat.)
For barter perhaps a mod?? Clock repair is expensive, but you all know that. I guarantee my work, if unsatisfied send it back, I will make it work. Weither its a mantle, wall, or grandfather.. Send it to me.. In return what do you have to offer a light or services in modding??? Have your movement repaired locally, and youll spend alot of money. I will not expect anything in return until it reaches home.. When your satisfied then u can do to our agreement. Anyone else with expertise in other areas feel free to join in..

greenLED

Flashaholic
Check my "free services" thread. It includes a section for non-light services. If you'd like, post there and I'll add you to the index.

Eric_M

Enlightened
Hi Jpfaff,

My Mom has a clock that her Grandpa made that could probably use a "tune up". My Brother Chris and I grew up with this thing chiming every hour and it'd be great to get it going again. I'd be happy to work out a deal.

I'll be in touch.

Great Idea,

Eric

jpfaff

Newly Enlightened
Eric,
I can pretty much guarantee it will run again. Only thing people need to note is it takes time... And I promise if I cant get it to run, which I doubt, I'll send it back in the same condition it came. If it needs bushed or wheel repair, it will take time tocome back, so for "intrade" you have what to offer me as well as CPF??? Cause I personally know that each and everyone of us , has something to offer!!!

Last edited: