Police officer in need of some backup

LowWorm

Enlightened
Mr. LowWorm just sent me the e-mail (see below) from work - bottom line gist of it is that a homicide detective is fighting cancer, and his fellow officers from agencies throughout the Salt Lake valley are trying to help raise money for his in various ways, including a raffle.

If there is a manufacturer or retailer or even private CPF citizen who would be interested in donating a tactical flashlight to the raffle for this officer, could you PM me? The raffle organizers will recognize your kindness at the countywide raffle/fundraiser dinner on April 3.

Admins, I hope this post isn't a problem.

E-mail contents as follows:
----------------------------------------------

Sent: Thursday, March 09, 2006 7:12 PM
To: tyapias<at>yahoo.com
Subject: Midvale Benefit information for Detective Argueta

Dear Community: Please share this with yur friends and hope you can attend as well.

We have received the attached information regarding a benefit for a member of the Midvale City Police Department.

Jose Argueta is currently fighting the battle against a fast progressing cancer that is not responding to conventional treatment. Jose has been putting everything on the line for 10 years as a law enforcement officer and is currently a Homicide/Robbery Detective with the Midvale City Police Department. Jose was awarded the Chiefs Award in 2005 from the Midvale Police Department and the 2005 Latino Officer of the Year Award from the Utah Chapter of the National Latino Peace Officers Association.

Last year Jose was diagnosed with Esophageal Cancer. He and his family have been fighting this battle bravely ever since that initial diagnosis. As amazing as he has been in confronting this disease head on, the medical costs have been mounting.

We are hoping to help defray some of these costs with a benefit dinner in Jose's honor. This is a labour of love and we need a variety of donations in order to make it all come together. We are working with friends, family, Utah businesses, the Midvale City Police Department and other law enforcement agencies in getting the word out.

Your donation for our prize drawing, or monetary donation to Washington Mutual in Jose Argueta's name would be instrumental in our effort. Your contribution is such an important element and we hope that you will join us in celebrating the accomplishments of this great person.

Monetary donations can be made at any Washington Mutual location for Jose Argueta, account <removed>. Please contact Jeff or Maria Folsom at 801-647-5512 or Chief Maughan at 801-256-2501 for further information.

If you are interested in helping this cause, please see attached flyer.

Thank you for your time,

Patricia Williams

PMAA Secretary

----------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help. I normally don't like to impose on others but this officer is putting up a big fight, and any help given, even if just a little, could only help.

Last edited: