What light(s) have you bought for your significant other?

jd37352

Newly Enlightened
I'm thinking of getting a light for my gal. I've been contemplating on either a E1E or E1L, or even a 6P. What lights do you all buy for that special girl?

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast
She doesn't want me to spend anymore on lights and doesn't appreciate me getting one for her :(

But she has accepted a 5-LED keychain type light and even taken an Osram GD lantern! Haha.. I might give her my L1P after I get my Jet-I if I'm sure she'll take care of it and utilise it.

Other that that, I guess an Orb Raw is a 'nice' light for a lady... lipstick lookalike anyone? :)

jd37352

Newly Enlightened
LEDcandle said:
She doesn't want me to spend anymore on lights and doesn't appreciate me getting one for her :(

But she has accepted a 5-LED keychain type light and even taken an Osram GD lantern! Haha.. I might give her my L1P after I get my Jet-I if I'm sure she'll take care of it and utilise it.

Other that that, I guess an Orb Raw is a 'nice' light for a lady... lipstick lookalike anyone? :)

Well, she's used my L2, and won't settle for anything less than a Surefire. The only way for me to delve into this hobby is to get her one. When we go out walking at night, she'll be armed with the L2, while I'll be using my other EDC, the L1P. *sigh*

mdocod

Flashaholic
Dorcy 1xAAA in her pocket, 28LED china light in her purse.... she loves them both, even though they are cheapos... She's been saying it would be awsom to have the power of my larger lights in her pocket... (she likes my ultrafire >2x17670>P91/G90s etc)... but that light doesn't fit in female jeans. (i'm thinking single cell)... Kinda thinking orb with 3W, too bad it's so expensive.

WNG

Enlightened
My girlfriend had no flashlight in her house or car before meeting me. Didn't even contemplate it. She had an incident, and for her safety I got her a 4D Mag for her bedside for those bumps in the night. Bright enough to throw light where it's needed and she can swing for the fences with it.
Also got her a multi-LED 3AAA for her EDC and work. She was surprised by the LED output of some of my lights and requested one after I got one for her son. She's been enlightened. But is practical. Something expensive wasn't going to provide that extra measure of utility the lesser one already does. She knows she may lose it or have it taken.
I think once she sees my new Dorcy 1W cr-123a, she's going to want a LuxeonStar.
;)

LEDCandle:
Well, if she doesn't appreciate the significance of an expensive light, then there's no sense wasting resources down that drain. To some, a flashlight has as much value as a cheap broom. Utilitarian. Something special means something that they find meaningful and will treasure. Something they want.
That's what a gift should be. I'm also into cars. If I turned around and gifted a new carbeurator to my girlfriend, I don't think she'll be too happy.
:-D
"But honey, it's a 4-barrel Holley."

NoFair

Flashlight Enthusiast
My fiance uses a two-stage Q3 that I gave her. She has actually started using the low setting a bit, but the light is usually dormant in her purse...
She also steals my HDS to use as a night light for your daughter when we're traveling...

I think a Fenix or similar light would appeal more to her, but probably it isn't no biggie.

The Porcupine

Enlightened
My wife wanted a SF G2 which she keeps in her bag (Maxpedition FatBoy; she's not the "purse" type!:huh: ). Gets quite a bit of use!

bagman

Enlightened
She gets my cast offs :D

She has a SF E2 in her work bag, a Streamlight Scorpion in the car and an ARC LSH-S on her work keys.

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
A Twin-task 2L for camping, a purple coin-cell light for the keyring, and a KL1 w/ Aleph CR2 body and two-stage switch for her purse. :)

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
My S.O. actually likes lights, though not as much as knives, so I've given her quite a number which she dutifully squirrels away in every nook and cranny. I think her current EDC is a Jil DD but she changes them out every so often.

Others that she has are:
Arc LSH-P
Arc LS twisty mod, polished
Arc AAA-p old style
Arc 4+
Arc AA
3-4 Palights
Lambda ProMagnum
Colman Steel Case Lantern
Osram Lantern
Energizer 4AA folding lantern
Mini mag with Opalec
Teknolite
Eternalite Marine (modded w/Nichias)
Eternalite Derrenger
Color Kinetics Sauce AA Wand
Color Kinetics Sauce UFO
Color Kinetics Wallwasher
Surefire E1
CMG Infinity
Photon 2
Photon 3
County Comm $1 lights, several
Inova 24/7
Streamlight TT1L
Streamlight Hybrid head lamp (don't remember which)
Flavour Light (CCFL, LED, incan)
Princeton Tec Attitude
Princeton Tec Rage
Glo-Toob
Lens Light (single lens version)

That's all I can remember right now. She like my 2 stage L4 on cold days, keeps her hands warm, but hasn't pilfered that one . . .yet. :ohgeez:

She's also been known to prod me into buying a light or two when I was waffling about the price or function. Gee, I wonder if I've found "the One". :D

-LT

jmy808

Newly Enlightened
My wife carries a SF E1L in her purse and loves to use it and show it to her girlfriends whenever the conversation turns to me and my flashlight obsession.
rgds,
Jay

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gave my wife:

River Rock 2AA
River Rock 2AAA
Dorcy 1AAA
Fauxton (from Lighthound)

She bought herself an Eddie Bauer 1 watt 3AAA (looks like a Dorcy).

She has Maxpedition, Leatherman, and Buck knife products, too, but that's a different story.

Last edited:

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Got my wife a Dorcy 1AAA a couple years ago and recently a RR 2AAA for her car. I think she's used the Dorcy once to read in bed during a power failure. I'm afraid her appreciation of gadgets and gizmos is pretty much zilch.

Geoff

bruddamoke

Newly Enlightened
I've not gone out and bought anything for the GF, rather let her go through my personal working stock when the need arrives. Easier to let her find something she likes rather than guess. I can always replace what she makes off with. She made eyes at my L0P, but I'm holding back in hopes I can convince her to take something with greater runtime, maybe an L1P. She already got a Dorcy Metal Gear from me, and has a stock 2D mag that I'm planning to sneak Lambda's pr-base smjled into. :whistle:

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got my wife a Arc4-AAA and a home made E1L (I assembled it before SF started selling them as a complete unit). She also knows where I keep/stash most of my lights and is familiar with the LOTC operations. So life is good!

I was packing an overnight bag the other night and got busted. She picked up my E2 and noted that she knew this was a recent purchase and that was the end of it...

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
Take a look at the Inova T1. It looks a lot cuter than the Surefires. A T2 if brightness is also a requirement.

zespectre

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've bought several lights for my wife. I just didn't know it at the time <grin>. Fortunately she's pretty much adopted the Gerber LX 3.0 (with NiMH batts) for the evening walks, my surefire L2 and a Princeton Tec Aurora for camping.

After she got her hands on those lights she pretty much lost interest in the rest.

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
Wife:

ARC LSH-P, CMG Infinity Ultra-G in her purse and Photon II on her key-ring. She also has a Swis Army Allox knife, a Leatherman Micra and a Swiss Sprit multi-tool, a compass, matches and a lighter in her purse.

Around the house: Surefire L4, Purple MiniMag/BadBoy 500 R2H with Glow ring, 2 Dorcy 1LED AAA, Purple 2D MagLite modded to 3x123/KPR112, a yellow Eveready 2D modded to 3x123/KPR112. The light she grabs is the yellow Eveready 3x123.
icon3.gif
She says it's easier to find in the dark.

She took two Element 1 watt Luxeon 3AAA and two Dorcy 1LED 1 AAA and spare batteries to leave in her desk at work. Also a spare Gerber Multi-tool and a first aid kit.

She has 1 Surefire G2 and a SC1, 1 MiniMag/MadMax Q3/Lithium AA's & 1 MiniMag with a Opalec NewBeam with Lithium AA's in her car. Also a first aid kit.

She might have more, but these are the one's that come to mind. Believe it or not, she is not into lights. She just wants to be prepared.

PS: she has two headlamps, A Streamlight Septor that she uses for quilting and a Petzal Zipka she uses for reading while in her sleeping bag.

Daughter & Daughter-in-law both have:
ARC LSL-S, Photon II, Infinity Ultra-G, Dorcy 1LED AAA, Surefire G2 with SC1, MiniMag/Madmax Q3, MiniMag/Opalec NewBeam.

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Original (2004) Peak Brass Kilamanjaro 5 snow LED light. She likes the look of the brass so it sits in her purse. I might have to hide the stainless steel Pacific when it arrives though... she does not like the "tactical look".