• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Rare! 1-watt Emitters & Stars Bins: SW0H & SX0H

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have found some special Binned LED's. These are one watt LED's that have a high output and Low Vf.

These produce 51 to 67 lumens.

I have Emitters in SX0H & SW0H. I have stars in SX0H.

Webpage Link Click Here

STARS are Back in Stock!!

Last edited:

DFiorentino

Flashlight Enthusiast
...me too.

S and H, such a wonderful combination. I'm surprised this thread hasn't exploded by now :huh:

Hmmm, SX0H PD @400ma... :naughty:

-DF

Mirage_Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
GhostReaction said:
Are these better than TX0H 3watt lux?

I'd like to know as well.. Is it just a matter of lower heat at a similar brightness level?

twentysixtwo

Enlightened
Brighter? No, assuming you have enough power, the TxxH will beat the SxxH for sheer output.

More efficient? Yes. That's the big carrot. If you are driving off a single AA or AAA, you're not going to get enough power to that T bin Lux III - better to have a S bin Lux I

GhostReaction

Flashlight Enthusiast
But isnt the H vf on both led same, forward voltage at 3.03v - 3.27v.

twentysixtwo said:
Brighter? No, assuming you have enough power, the TxxH will beat the SxxH for sheer output.

More efficient? Yes. That's the big carrot. If you are driving off a single AA or AAA, you're not going to get enough power to that T bin Lux III - better to have a S bin Lux I

cy

Flashaholic
UxxH will still be better underdriven, but SxxH will be pretty close driven at spec.

so yes, this is a premium bin...

DFiorentino

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think he's referencing the fact that luxI is rated at 350ma and luxIII is rated at 700ma.

-DF

DFiorentino

Flashlight Enthusiast
cy said:
UxxH will still be better underdriven, but SxxH will be pretty close driven at spec.

so yes, this is a premium bin...

Yep.

Between an underdriven TxxH and a driven at rated SxxH, I'm thinking the S-bin will outperform in output and efficiency. But compared to an underdriven UxxH, I believe the U-bin wins, but we're talking unobtainium versus buy it now :grin2:

-DF

This thread may help explain a little.

Last edited:

wquiles

Flashaholic
The other angle that I have not seen mentioned/discussed when comparing "S" 1W vs. "U" 3W is the tint shift. When you take an UW0H and underdrive it to 350mA it is no longer "W0" tint, while the SW0H "will be" W0 tint at the lower drive level since that is where it was spec'ed (unlike the 3W which was spec'ed at something like 700-750mA).

"Efficiency-wise", I have collected LED data here and here for several "S" bin 1W and for "U" bin 3W, and in terms of intensity, when driven at the same level, they are very close, with the higher intensity numbers (LBU-Light Box Units) going to the 3W "U", but not by much ;)

Will

Last edited:

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast
YES PLEASE! :twothumbs Two WO and two XO for me. :sold:

How about a QL-A3 with two of each tint. :thinking: :whistle:

Bright, white and loooooog running.....LOVE IT!

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
A lower Sbin Lux I emitter beam, that is driven around 500mA, remains stable in brightness and color tint with a voltage change. A Lux III emitter that is under driven has more 'mood swings.' At 1.2 volts the Lux I was brighter then the higher power Lux III emitter.

With a lower bin emitter, I've seen only a 4% difference in brightness going from 1.7 down to 1.2 volts. As the voltage dropped, the Lux I emitter tint stayed the same. A higher bin but under driven emitter in the same test dropped its brightness 20%. The higher bin color tint shifted more to a green tint.

The Lux I does have advantages over the premium Lux III.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
This are a great alternative to getting a luxIII U and underdriving! The Vf is about equal to a J luxIII when you compare them at equal currents. Tints are great on these as well! If only I had a host for one of these I'd be all over it!! One of those SX0H would be awesome in a fenix L1P or L2P.... L2P w/60 lumens and stock runtime from 2AA's.. wow! Icandecent can't touch that!

luxlunatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good info TrueBlue, thanks. Kind of like an engine that requires higher octane fuel opposed to one that does not. The one that requires the higher octane can run on the lower octane fuel, but not as efficiently and with not as much overall power....something like that.