• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired More new services added!!! Interested in Mods?

Knight Lights

Enlightened
Milkyspit Mods and Services... The Impossible Only Takes Longer!

Milkyspit's M-Line!!

Introducing the M-Line, Milkyspit's ongoing Project-M in which he has been combining extreme high output LED lights with near-perfect white tint with long runtimes. The combination of high output and long runtime has up to now never been seen... take a look!

Project-M by Milkyspit: Long-Running High Output LED: Availability, Info, Photos

M420-KT4 (SureFire M6 host, also M3 and M4)

Milky is building the world's first M420 for MSaxatilus. On 2x18650 cells, this combination should deliver 420 lumens continuous for about 2 hours, other battery configurations are possible for even more runtime: the stock M6 6x123 battery caddy should provide 2.5-3 hours at 420 lumens continuous. The head even includes an inch thick block of solid aluminum! Though milkyspit tells me it's not needed. Photos added to the Project-M thread! A preview...

img-m420-kt4-msax-bezel.jpg

M180-M3

Milky has started building the M180 into SureFire M3 heads. MSaxatilus received the first one and wrote a great review.

Introducing the M180-M3!!! Lots of Pics!

M180-KL2

Here is a new light/head that will me offered in VERY limited edition, watch for a post in the next 24 hours on how to obtain one.

http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=125872

McLux-PD (and HD45, 27L, etc.) Upgrades

Milkyspit has begun filling the void for those wishing to upgrade their recent McGizmo lights, including the PD, HD45, 27L, and others, with better emitters... UXOJ has been a popular upgrade... and possibly adjustments to the output levels. The emitter upgrades are a done deal and milkyspit has a number of well-binned emitters on hand. He's still researching the drive level updates to make sure his information is correct, but tells me he can begin taking orders for that as well.

New Services

These are new to the milkyspit mod table, but milkyspit tells me he is ready to start taking orders for these mods as well.

1) Emitter swaps in McGizmo PR-T heads.
2) Emitter swaps in SpaceNeedle/SpaceNeedle II lights and clones.
3) Nuwai Q3 family emitter, circuitry, and tailcap mods.

ANTHING else you want when it comes to an LED light, remember our motto, "
Anything CAN be done, the impossible just takes a little longer!!"

Knight Lights First Offerings!

As detailed in this thread:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/1444847#post1444847

Knight Lights will be offering Milkyspit mods in reasonable numbers in the near future.

The first of those mods will be:

A2 LED replacements. Most people will prefer the "Snow White" LED's which produce both a whiter and brighter glow, but other colors will be considered at your request.

Milky L1. What the L1 should have been! A two stage L1 built with an improved emitter, a reflector, and higher output. High in the 60 lumen range.

Optimator. What do you get when you take one of the most respected reflectors on the market, the Mc27, 2 or 3 123 cells, a 2 or 3 cell Surefire body custom fit to the head and to hold the requisite cells, an Old style KL3 head, and Milkyspit's brilliance?

You get the Optimator!!

Fenix FluPic. Take the HAIII Fenix L1, add a Flupic board and Milkyspit's flair and you get a Fenix with more output, multiple levels, strobe, SOS, and SERIOUS cool factor!

But what about Prices?

Well, they will be more than reasonable for the quality involved, and we will post some pictures of the work and lights and prices as soon as I have pictures.

Along with that, I'll post more specs, but this is just to whet your appetite!!

Bill

Last edited:

Knight Lights

Enlightened
Re: Interested in Mods?

Photos of some lights discussed above, in no particular order...

Optimator

Optimator on 2x123 L1 Body, Dual Brightness.
(Note: the entire Optimator, head to tail, is hard anodized natural... though the photo is admittedly a little underexposed.)
image-cpf-kl3-2x123-l1-profile.jpg

Optimator on 3x123 L2 Body, Dual Brightness.
img-cpf-optimator-l2.jpg

Optimator with 3x123 C3 Body, Single Brightness.
This was a build for Archangel per his specifications. Photo cropped from an original courtesy of Archangel. His (very entertaining!) review over here.
img-cpf-optimator-c3.jpg

Archangel's Optimator, Fun Photo!
Archangel posted this photo for a size reference with various other lights. Couldn't resist having some fun! :)
img-cpf-optimator-c3-fun.gif

Milky L1 (a.k.a. ML1)

Front profile view.
img-cpf-ml1-head-up-left-fwd.jpg

Tail profile view.
img-cpf-ml1-head-up-left-back.jpg

Size comparison vs. some other SureFire LED lights. Milky L1 is on the left... the middle light is comparable in size to the current-generation stock L1... light on the right is the L2. Note how much smaller the ML1 is relative to the others... IMHO it's just right, a good fit for most hands while still being surprisingly light in weight and compact.
img-cpf-ml1-lineup-sf.jpg

Side view with the Milky L1 activated.
img-cpf-ml1-head-left-fwd-on.jpg

Posterized beamshot to show uniformity of the beam, with no artifacts, donut holes, or dark spots. Color is uniform from hotspot to edge, too. Overall output slightly exceeds the current-gen stock L1, sidespill is far greater, and throw is darned close! Draws less current than current-gen stock L1, too. :)
img-cpf-ml1-beam-grey-posterized.jpg

Price List:
Milky L1 Complete Light $175-Includes Surefire old style packaging, Surefire cell, paracord lanyard, and all the appropriate Surefire paperwork.

Milky L1, modify your light $85 (includes premium emitter, tint of your preference if available.)

The Milky L1 outperforms the stock New L1, Old style L1, and most other lights it's size in output at ~60 lumens (dependant on your selection of emitter, desired run time, etc.) You get a premium reflectored light, with a beautiful smooth beam. These have been a Milkyspit special, and everyone that has seen them, or used them, loves them. It is smaller than the New L1 but has more output and a much better beam pattern due to the reflector. So far as I am aware, no one that has one has ever sold theirs. Milkyspit hand selects these emitters, and only the best and brightest make the cut!

These are truly handbuilt, handpicked lights. (You can beat the Luxeon Lottery, if you use Milkyspit to do it!!)

This is one of Milkyspit's favorites and his trademark light!!

Last edited:

tebore

Flashlight Enthusiast

For one I'm thinking of at least a 3 stage regular clicky for the L2P. Like (off>high>low>off). The only limit is it can't look any different than a standard L2P. High should last from 2-3 hours with about 60lumens and low should be ~10 lumens lasting around a day. ( I know I'm crazy in what I ask). Basically have LxT capabilities but doing it all in a clicky.

Upgrade the emitter to a high quality bin LuxIII. Improve or make a regulation circuit at least 90% efficient allowing you to feed it 0.8v to 4.2v.

Of course keeping the prices reasonable, remember you're dealing with the Fenix crowd who aim for best bang for the buck.

I've shot out what I can think of. Have you got any ideas for a Lux V in a L2P? With reasonable run times.

Knight Lights

Enlightened

That's actually a two stage clicky.

Let us consult on that, and your idea about a LuxV. Anything CAN be done, BUT...sometimes it's not worth doing, and I think the LuxV may be one of those.

tebore

Flashlight Enthusiast

2 Stage it is. I'm used to thinking that a 2 stage doesn't include the on and off option.

What do you think of the other ideas?

greenLED

Flashaholic

:stupid: I read the first post and started thinking... does Master Milky know about this impersonator? :lolsign:

This sounds like an excellent idea, Knight Lights. Good luck to you, Master Milky and all the other modders who will sign up.

BTW, a post on the CPF Modder's Yellow Pages wouldn't hurt. :)

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey Knight,

I don't know if this would be possible, but once the
K2's are out...can one be put in my HDS B60GT.

I can only begin to imagine such power in a small package :naughty:
I wonder how it would effect battery times?

Ray

Manzerick

Flashlight Enthusiast

can a K2 be put in a U2?

If so, do you believe it would be worth it? I'v eheard so much about them and kinda dying to see it in action

Knight Lights

Enlightened

Both of those mods probably CAN be done, but I'm not sure that there will be huge advantages to doing them.

If you consider that a U binned LuxIII has essentially the same output as a U binned K2, the advantage is in being able to run them at higher temps without as much risk of breakdown.

We'll reserve judgement on the K2's until enough of the U bins and V bins ship to give us a good idea of whether it really produces as we hope it will. No one we personally know has seen large volumes of the high output bins, and testing of the preproduction versions was less than overwhelming.

Let's be patient and watch what happens!

That said, if you have a K2 that you desperately want placed in one of those, let us know and we'll certainly give you our best efforts!!

Bill

Last edited:

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'd be interested in the A2 LED mod, but more for higher voltage tolerance than for color and brightness. I want to be able to use RCR123 in the A2, so a resistor upgrade would interest me.

greenLED

Flashaholic

Blindasabat said:
I'd be interested in the A2 LED mod, but more for higher voltage tolerance than for color and brightness. I want to be able to use RCR123 in the A2, so a resistor upgrade would interest me.
You'll have to deal with the V requirements of the incan regulator as well.

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast

Have you considered the 27LT reflector for the optimator? I would like to see pics of the optimator, sounds like my kind of light, I'm a fan of the 27 reflector.

AlexGT

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast

I thought the Incan circuit could handle the voltage, that the LED's were the limiter! Have I heard wrong? Doh!

greenLED said:
You'll have to deal with the V requirements of the incan regulator as well.

I want ML1. How much will it demand I trade from my pocketbook?

Last edited:

rangemaster

Newly Enlightened

I've got the L1, waiting now for when to send it in and how much! Can you help my red Lone? Might be going to Kersplatastan sometime in the future.

:goodjob:

Knight Lights

Enlightened

Rangemaster, which version of the L1, new or old?

"Can you help my red Lone?"

Does that mean a RED L1? If so, what do you want done? Brighter, longer runtime?