Saw the Mag LED's at Walmart the other day.

InfidelCastro

Banned
So, I was in Walmart in the sporting goods section and noticed the MagLED display on the counter. With tax I think they're about $35 or more. Seems like alot of money. I also noticed they hadn't sold any.

I have a Fenix L2T, so I wonder if it would even be worth getting one. Especially since there's no heatsink available yet. And, I wonder if you can take the emitter out of the 2D model and just drop it into a 3D or 3C model. I assume it's the same one?

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
bulbs cant be switched between 2-3-4 cell lights. you gotta use the bulb that was made for the # of cells. I think that sucks since electronics could of regulated them.

Also, as has been pointed out, these are jsut regular mags with the led bulb, no heatsinking. The performance drops a lot when they warm up. It's still no great light output from mag if you ask me. It was done the cheap way and not going to be a performer.

If you put a o-sink in a mag, and a nice or even average luxIII in there, you will have a light that performs way better. You can build a resistored luxIII mod simply and cheaply and way outperform the mag ones. $22 for the bulb, well $10 o-sink, and a $12 luxIII (t-bin) and you're at the same price, minus some wire,solder,time,etc. Or for $4 more, get a UX0K!!!

Heck I'd recommend the LEDBeam 3C over it, since it has real good heatsinking, and the magled has NONE!

BTW, I just finisned a U-bin mag w/o-sink clone, wizzard2 917ma driver, and wow is it awesome.!!!

iced_theater

Enlightened
They still don't carry them here. Hard to say whether they will or not either, not that I'll buy one anyhow as it's probably just like my Diamond version anyway.

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
They have the Mag LED's at my Walmart and they currently have only sold one (out of 5 large display cases that have around 10 a piece). They also have the upgrades, but I'm not sure how well they are doing because they are just tossed on one hook for the bunch of them.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
The upgrades come in a display box of 18, 6 of each size. If it looks like the hook originally had 6 of each size, you can get a general idea of how many of each size has been sold. This could be off though, in the unlikely event that you find a Wal*Mart that restocks their shelves and hooks without being on some sort of set schedule.

EDIT: You guys might also want to refer to the thread at [ulr]https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/118988[/url] for more info, as this thread is kind of a spinoff of that thread.

adirondackdestroyer said:
They also have the upgrades, but I'm not sure how well they are doing because they are just tossed on one hook for the bunch of them.

Last edited: