Newbie-Fenix Questions

cary1952

Newly Enlightened
I have pretty much decided to buy a L2P (with free L1P body) or an L1T, or an L2T. I am looking for opinions on which may be the best deal for the money and the power. Thanks in advance.

meeshu

Enlightened
Top Secret! So secret even I don't know where I am
L2T is slightly brighter than L2P.

L2P regulation is better than L2T.

L2P runtime is longer than the L2T.

L2P is cheaper than L2T.

My choice was L2P, because of good regulation and long runtime.

The L1P and L1T models have less runtime and poorer regulation. Therefore they were not really a good choice (for me).

Last edited:

Warp

Enlightened
cary1952 said:
I have pretty much decided to buy a L2P (with free L1P body) or an L1T, or an L2T. I am looking for opinions on which may be the best deal for the money and the power. Thanks in advance.

What will you use it for?

Why an L1T, either L2, but no L1P?

I have my sites on an L1T, eventually. Birthday is in Sepetember, maybe then....L1T seems to be a great EDC pocket light.

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
if the older L1P really can handle a Li-Ion and puts out about the same light as the L1T, its the best light.
I have a L1T and a L2P, and did the 10 ohms head mod to the L2 (same function as the Ts now). Now a great light with a real LOW low mode. I wish I could do this to the L1T also.

best light:
L1P with head mod on Li-ions,
L2P with head mod

both beat the T models for their improved 2 stage output

(but all the fenixes suffer the poor grip and the switch)

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello carry1952:)

Welcome here:grin2:

What are your uses for the light and which batteries you prefer? When you want to use nimh cells, don't think about the regulation.
If it should be a short edc, take the L1P (longer runtime and dimmer low stage with the 10ohm mod) or the L1T (little brighter with shorter runtime against to the L1P).
The L2P works well with Alks. and the L2T is the brightest one of all.

Imo all Fenix are good lights. It depends on your personal preferences.

Best regards

____
Tom

cary1952

Newly Enlightened
Well, I bit the bullet and decided to go with the L2P with the spare L1P body. I like the idea of the fully regulated light, and the extra smaller body, when I want to carry it in my pocket. The longer run time is a bonus, but was not really influential since I am mostly going to use rechargeables NiMH. Also, correct me if I am wrong, but after about 30 minutes of use, the power on th 2LT will be almost the same as the 2LP because of less regulation? Anyways,
I can't wait to get it! I ordered it from the fenix.com (The Fenix Store). $42.00 includes both bodies, accessories and FREE SHIPPING! You can't beat that!:sold:

OldGreyGuy

Enlightened
cary1952 said:
Well, I bit the bullet and decided to go with the L2P with the spare L1P body. I like the idea of the fully regulated light, and the extra smaller body, when I want to carry it in my pocket. The longer run time is a bonus, but was not really influential since I am mostly going to use rechargeables NiMH. Also, correct me if I am wrong, but after about 30 minutes of use, the power on th 2LT will be almost the same as the 2LP because of less regulation? Anyways,
I can't wait to get it! I ordered it from the fenix.com (The Fenix Store). $42.00 includes both bodies, accessories and FREE SHIPPING! You can't beat that!:sold:

You will love it, especially on NiMH rechargeables, the combination works well and the L2P regulation seems to work well with the cell type for me. The size is good too, fits unobtrusively in a pocket and so as it is easy to carry then it is always available.

I just ordered a CR123 body for mine as well (even smaller), looking forward to seeing how well this combination performs.

cary1952

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the encouragement! It is my first light over $20! Well, I guess my 3D mag with the new LED conversion cost me about $37. I think I will be getting addicted to lights. I guess the mag LED conversion impressed me for a newbie. I think the sky is the limit from this point on. Especially if I get into MODS. But I dont think I have the budget for them, but it sure is tempting! I can see how this can become a addiction for power, wattage, etc.