Know of any 1 x 123 that uses a PR bulb?

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just wondering since I have 1 SMJLED bulb to fit into a light and want something smaller than the PT-20

Is there such a beast?

xpitxbullx

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know of any PR based 1x123 lights. You severly limit your options by wanting it to be PR based.

I'm sure there may be a cheapo light out there with those qualities but a quick search revealed nothing for me.

Jeff

chesterqw

Flashlight Enthusiast
the pt-20 is waterproof!! that makes it perfect:)

and with such a good reflector too

finally, it is small enough... you don't want one that will be DAMN difficult to switch on right?

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
You might as well get a cr123 light that has an LED in it already. The Dorcy Super 1watt, Kicks butt over the SMJLED. 3hrs of flat regulation. or perhaps a Peak model.

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Dorcy only has 2:15 to 50% according to Flashlightreviews.com. The Nuwai ALX-2611 has 3 hours, the longest of any of the 14 1xCR123 lights reviewed. Quickbeam put out a chart a few months ago comparing them all. I don't know where is is now, you'd have to search. Somewhere in the reviews section.

I actually was just asking myself this question today, since I got three of the 6Jun06 sale on 3 SMJ PR's. After thinking about it, I think a CR123 with a PR bulb pointing off to the side could be a useful, compact, unique, and easy to build light. A supercompact directional lantern/emergency light.

cave dave said:
You might as well get a cr123 light that has an LED in it already. The Dorcy Super 1watt, Kicks butt over the SMJLED. 3hrs of flat regulation. or perhaps a Peak model.

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't done this, but I've thought about it.

I think you might be able take the $.84 2AA light at Walmart (with the faceted reflector) and cut the body short to hold a CR123. The body is fat enough and you can cut away the internal plastic ribs to fit the CR123.

You'd have to remove the metal contact ring from the end of the body and attach it to the new cut off end so it makes electrical contact with the metal strip in the body (solder?). You could then just superglue the tail cap to the cut off body as the battery can be replaced from the front.

Attaching the metal contact ring would be a trick, but if you could, you'd have a very interesting 84 cent 1xCR123 light.

Just a thought. At least it'd be cheap to try.

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is totally cool!

I would like to have a 1x123 PR bulb light, as well as a 2x123 PR bulb light.

I did mod a Dorcy 2xAA gel light to hold 3x123. Pretty cool, and it is wuite water-resistant.

What I would really like to see, is a small 4AA light which uses either a Surefire E2O LA, or something similar.
A UK4AA with a great reflector and either a PR bulb or choice of 2 good bi-pins (high and medium output) would be perfect. I even like the switch.
I have been trying to figure out how to adapt an M02 to a UK4AA.

The Tec-40 comes the closest...but, the head is just a touch large to make it comfortable to carry.