garrity AA stainless steel light

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Has anyone noticed this light's battery compartment is large enough in diameter to accept 123 batteries? HMM
winkie.jpg
They might have to be the batteries from 223's only with no covering because they fit real good. havent tried wrapped 123's yet.

Daniel Ramsey

Retired Account
I wonder if anybody else has discovered this?

wink.gif

3 123 batteries will supply 9 volts, enough current and voltage for 2 regular luxeons (in series) or 1 5 watter with 3 1/4 watt resistors say something around 60 ohms each? (thats 20 ohms give or take) in parrallel of course to handle the 750mA or so. Lets see if somebody is smart enough to make this mod with a cyan 5 watter
icon15.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Is the light all stainless? Bunk thermal properties for the 5 W if it is. :-(

Daniel Ramsey

Retired Account
The head is huge and plastic, esoterics of that aspect steered me away initially as a modding platform....
BUT...

Since the head is big wide and deep it allows adequite room for heatsinking, or multiple LEDs.
tailcap switch is too flimsy for me to mod and sell reliably, thats why I chose Brinkmann instead.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

You have to be carefull of the 2 brass screws inside the tube by the head. They will short the positive terminal to ground of a bare 123.

mike

D

**DONOTDELETE**

One could solder a spacer to the positive terminal of the light head connector to raise the battery off the screws and take up space, as 3 123's are shorter i think than 2 AA's