LED Module With Integrated Constant Current Driver

ledprof

Newly Enlightened
I do not know is it a right place to post this message however if you are dealing with High power LED you should check this page. Custom designs are welcome and the prices are as low as 13.99 USD including High Power LED.

http://www.acg-ltd.com/acg_project_4_en.html

That page is the only english part in our website more will come soon but if you want to ask more... msn : [email protected]

Specifications:
- High power Luxeon I, III and K2 leds
- Outstanding drive efficiency up to 95%
- No resistors to limit the current, thus very low heat generated at the circuit
- Reverse polarity protection (+ and - does not matter)
- Very small dimensions and weight, ultra thin, highly reliable with SMT technology
- Available in White / red / blue / royal blue / green / red-orange / amber / warm white leds attached on FR4 or Aluminum core PCB for superior heat dissipation
- Wide input range 8-30V (custom designs are welcome)
- Drives up to 4 leds (same input can drive 1,2,3 or 4 leds in series)
- 3 standard drive options : 350mA / 700mA / 1000mA
- Custom demands with PWM dimming, higher voltage and current are welcome

Sincerely

AW

Newly Enlightened
How about this one with the CC circuit ( 350 or 700mA ) built right on the star ?

AMC7135board.jpg

Specfications : here

Randy Shackleford

Enlightened
ledprof said:
I do not know is it a right place to post this message however if you are dealing with High power LED you should check this page. Custom designs are welcome and the prices are as low as 13.99 USD including High Power LED.

http://www.acg-ltd.com/acg_project_4_en.html

That page is the only english part in our website more will come soon but if you want to ask more... msn : [email protected]

Specifications:
- High power Luxeon I, III and K2 leds
- Outstanding drive efficiency up to 95%
- No resistors to limit the current, thus very low heat generated at the circuit
- Reverse polarity protection (+ and - does not matter)
- Very small dimensions and weight, ultra thin, highly reliable with SMT technology
- Available in White / red / blue / royal blue / green / red-orange / amber / warm white leds attached on FR4 or Aluminum core PCB for superior heat dissipation
- Wide input range 8-30V (custom designs are welcome)
- Drives up to 4 leds (same input can drive 1,2,3 or 4 leds in series)
- 3 standard drive options : 350mA / 700mA / 1000mA
- Custom demands with PWM dimming, higher voltage and current are welcome

Sincerely

where's the heatsink/star?

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
AW said:
How about this one with the CC circuit ( 350 or 700mA ) built right on the star ?

AMC7135board.jpg

Specfications : here

That's a linear regulator. It will dissipate quite a bit of power just in the regulator itself. Will probably work OK at low current drives but forget it if you're talking high currents. Neat idea but I'd rather go with something more efficient.

evan9162

Flashlight Enthusiast
A linear regulator works just fine at high current if the battery and LED voltages are matched closely.

Driving a Lux III at 700mA from 3 NiMH cells works beautifully with a LDO linear regulator. You start out at 84% efficiency and get better from there. Find a luxeon with a lower Vf, and you can run at 1A with the same efficiency. They can be more efficient than a switcher when Vf is very close to Vin, since many switchers need 0.4V or more of headroom. An LDO can need less than 0.1V; meaning that they can be up to 97% efficient or more while in regulation.

Driving a Lux V from 6 NiMH cells is just as good. In fact, the potential efficiency is even better: over 98% while in regulation.

ledprof

Newly Enlightened
it is quite a good idea to put all the circuits on a star. However datasheet says it can supply 350 mA and works about 3-6 V [ So we see 2 chip on the star to give 700 mA]. If someone want, we desing a module that drive 3-4 LEDs and with up to 1000mA. Even more [1500] for custom desings. Moreover, pwm dimming or linear dimming with single pot is available upon request. We generally make custom desings for armature producers to put all the circuits inside a aluminium casing so no heat sink on pcbs.

Last edited:

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
evan9162 said:
...if the battery and LED voltages are matched closely....

Agree. However, this involves screening for the proper Vf to match your power supply, along with a good tint LED that has the proper Vf. For everything else, you're better off with a SMPS. A linear regulator is a good *compromise*, it's been used in many lights that can be found on CPF. Just make sure you use proper heat sinking since it's even more critical here.

Rather than 8-30v, many of us would prefer 1 to 8 volt. There are just not very many applications here that use >6v input..

Opto-King

Newly Enlightened
CM said:
Swedish company, but they use Seoul Semiconductor LED's
Ok, thanks for that informaion.
But can any one please tell me the difference between the drivers and the LEDs beeing used?

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one of those that AW posted... Built into a 4D M@G on one of my big heatsink slugs.

Interesting concept..... But I can't imagine buying another unless they start selling for under a dollar each.

If it would handle, say, 700ma or more, I might replace the horrible color LED on it with a decent color Luxeon emitter and use it, but this one is destined for the junk box.