clickie tailcaps (you like on your surefire)?

jtodd939

Newly Enlightened
What do you prefer, a two stage like on an L2? or the clickie on the E2e?

Isn't the clickie easier to use because one hand allows you to get constant on?

Last edited:

carrot

Flashaholic
I love the clickie on my E1L... and I love the dual stage on my A2... honestly I don't have a preference, as I like both the way they are. A clickie is much faster to deploy, or at least requires less dexterity, however.

Edit:
I also find that it is just as easy to turn on a twisty as a clickie one-handed.

Last edited:

InfidelCastro

Banned
carrot said:
A clickie is much faster to deploy, or at least requires less dexterity, however.

I needed one in a situation a few months ago. It worked great and gave me the advantage. Now I'll never use anything else on a carry light. E2O with MN03 and clicky all the way!

SCblur

Enlightened
I like the feel of a clickie, but I like the features of two-stage. That's called a dilemma!

Big Bob

Newly Enlightened
I'm a real clickie fan. Where the option existed to replace a twistie with a clickie, I've done it. Mind you, I've kept all the twisties because you never know when a clickie is going give you some grief.

Last edited:

RemingtonBPD

Enlightened
Although a two stage gives the light a more "upscale" feel to it, I prefer a clickie. I guess I just don't see as much need of a low/high selection on my lights. I have always been a fan of more light is better anyways. In a pinch it is easier to click the light on then twist it.

savumaki

Enlightened
I love the L2 switch with the momentary on (I detest reverse clickies) and two stage.
I am in the process of modifying a Z57 clicky (on an E2e body) into a two stage same as the L2.

Karl

wasBlinded

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like a twistie best. I've become very accustomed to using it one handed on a number of lights, and the higher reliablility of a twisty is comforting to me. Somehow, every time I click a clickie, I can't help but think of part wear.

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't care for mechanical clickies such as the kind most manufacturers produce (except maybe the SW02). For my lights with dual output, the two-stage can't be beat. For multiple output levels, I appreciate the reliability of the switch on my HDS. :)

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
i will stick with my u2's setup.... clicky, and multiple stages... cant go wrong. :)

-David

Jurphaas

Newly Enlightened
I put a clickie on everything that I use. All my Surefire lights have a clickie. I just want light and don't need several levels to go thru before I have what I want. I truly dislike twist tailcaps - Sorry Don!
I really like the new Ti-Clickie that Don made. It fits my Alephs and my E1L perfectly and makes these lights look really great! (yes, they are expensive, but I bought them also as "must have " collectables)
Jurphaas.

Last edited:

Size15's

Flashaholic
I consider two-stage switches to be significantly more "tactical" than click switches. With a two stage you can instantly have high output and when you release the light goes out. Click switches latch on which isn't very "tactical"

Al

TorchEnvy

Newly Enlightened
I kinda wish my SF L2 had a clickie. Sure, it's quick to press part or all the way to get the two output levels, but I find it kind of awkward to hold it part way for lower output. (Obviously, I could just twist it.)

I think I like recessed ones a bit more, too, because that allows them to stand on end, which would be handy in the L2's low power mode.

I haven't officially looked into it, but I'm sure there are multiple ways to remedy this through modding the light.:eek:oo:

kumar762

Banned
knowing the way they are at surefire we won't have to have a preference,before you know it they'll have two stage clickies . . .
I'f they can make clickie tailcaps with pressure switches(the XM's)then somethinglike this shouldn't be an issue for them.

kumaR