M3 lamp assembly in M2 w/ MC123?

marcdilnutt

Enlightened
I want to make a poor-mans M3, can i use the M3 lamps in an M2 if i use a MC123 extender? I am not sure if the reflectors are the same diameter as the M3 bezel is larger IIRC.
marc

roguesw

Enlightened
i dont know what configuration can make a poor man's m3,
but you can make a poor man's M3T
you will need the following, 6P body + MC123 or 9P body
KT turbo head, MN15 or MN16 (M3T lamps) + tailcap
voila, poor mans M3T, and 9P + MC123 gives you poor mans M4

marcdilnutt

Enlightened
Ok, thanks for letting me know. Is the C3 the same in that it uses bulbs with no reflector?
marc

roguesw

Enlightened
all the P and C series use integrated bulbs with reflectors
e.g p60 and p90 are integrated bulbs with reflectors
the MN series of lamps have no reflectors, these fit the M series of lights (excluding the M2)

marcdilnutt

Enlightened
So i could use a p91 lamp from a C3 then. But i was just looking at the turbohead i got for my m2, i cant remember which part number it is, and it uses an adapter ring to attach to the M2. Does anybody know if that ring is threaded the same as the M3? If so then i just need to buy an M3 bezel and use this ring and the MC123 that i already have. Does anybody know if this will work? marc

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Your Turbohead adapter will not fit the M3, due to larger diameter of M3 threads. The M3 heads, and turbos, are set up for shock issolated lamps, while the KT1, and KT2 (yours) are set up for lamps that make direct contact with the head and body of the light. Tatally different system.

Bill

marcdilnutt

Enlightened
Ok, thanks anyway. Looks like i am going to have to buy an M3 then. Dont tell my wife! marc