Fenix E1 DOA out of box

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
my 2 Fenix E1s arrived today. I like that light . it'sabout the same size and brighter than my beloved ARC AAA-P. It's also brighter than my L0P. my Peak Pacific is larger and still not as bright.

Unfortunately one arived DOA. Having heard about recent problems with P1s arriving DOA, I wonder what's happpening at Fenix. with the introduction of Clones and now "Clones of Clones" now is not the time to comprimise quality.
OTOH both Civictors work great

Last edited:

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm, quite a few "dead Fenix" posts over the past few weeks.

Not good for the folks who are recieving these (or the reputable sellers who have to deal with it). Must be disapointing for ya's.
frown.gif

CFU

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know that this probably sounds like a stupid question, but sometimes the first thing people do is to make a posting to some board. So anyhoo ... Have you contacted the vendor to see about getting them replaced. Rather than to think that this is common place, or that everyone's experience must be the same as yours, or that someone is singling you out, sometimes products just arrive DOA. That's life. In any case, you might be able to get warranty service from the vendor (especially if it is 4Sevens from the Fenix-store). I don't think Fenix provides any direct warranty service to consumers.

tsask said:
my 2 Fenix E1s arrived today. I like that light . it's smaller and brighter than my beloved ARC AAA-P. Unfortunately one arived DOA. Having heard about recent problems with P1s arriving DOA, I wonder what happpening at Fenix. with the introduction of Clones and now "Clones of Clones" now is not the time to comprimise quality.
OTOH both Civictors work great

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
Brighteyez said:
I know that this probably sounds like a stupid question, but sometimes the first thing people do is to make a posting to some board. So anyhoo ... Have you contacted the vendor to see about getting them replaced. Rather than to think that this is common place, or that everyone's experience must be the same as yours, or that someone is singling you out, sometimes products just arrive DOA. That's life. In any case, you might be able to get warranty service from the vendor (especially if it is 4Sevens from the Fenix-store). I don't think Fenix provides any direct warranty service to consumers.
I have no qualms with the seller at all. I know it'll be ok. I only mentioned the malfunction because IF the light is being given as a gift unopened, there is aapparent new risk of a light arriving DOA.
the Fenix line is excellent overall so I am sure these recent "growing pains" will pass.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's liable to happen with anything (and does happen every year after Christmas.) There's really no reason to single out the Fenix product for that reason. Stuff ends up DOA about 1% of the time from any manufacturer, you just happen to be the unfortunate victim this time. There's no "growing pains" here other than perhaps the opportunity to gain some life experience.

If you have the expectation that everything that you buy will always be working without failure, you're going to be disappointed, and probably more so in these times with the reduced quality control from off-shore manufacturing.

tsask said:
I have no qualms with the seller at all. I know it'll be ok. I only mentioned the malfunction because IF the light is being given as a gift unopened, there is aapparent new risk of a light arriving DOA.
the Fenix line is excellent overall so I am sure these recent "growing pains" will pass.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don`t know if you have already tried a differant battery but theres a chance it might help. I received a SL AA light a couple weeks ago. First thing I did was pop in a Duracell 2650 ma batt. Turned it on and nothing. Took it out, put it back in and again nothing. I repeated this a couple time and took the batt and dropped it in my Civictor...it lite up. So I just assumed the SL was DOA. Later I decided to try the batt that came with it...and it worked. So I tried a 2500 ma batt and it also worked. I put the 2650ma batt back in (the one that had not worked) and IT worked. Been fine ever since. Don`t understand it. But you might want to try a differant batt.

Ken

PS: Did you say your E-1 is brighter than your LOP?????

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
Badbeams said:
I don`t know if you have already tried a differant battery but theres a chance it might help. I received a SL AA light a couple weeks ago. First thing I did was pop in a Duracell 2650 ma batt. Turned it on and nothing. Took it out, put it back in and again nothing. I repeated this a couple time and took the batt and dropped it in my Civictor...it lite up. So I just assumed the SL was DOA. Later I decided to try the batt that came with it...and it worked. So I tried a 2500 ma batt and it also worked. I put the 2650ma batt back in (the one that had not worked) and IT worked. Been fine ever since. Don`t understand it. But you might want to try a differant batt.

Ken

PS: Did you say your E-1 is brighter than your LOP?????

seems that way & I did change batteries

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
4sevens said:
Email me I'll exchange it for you :)

I know you will David. I appreciate your help

WTG on that GREEN FENIX L1P that thing ROCKS!!!!!:sold: