Pics of my New Arc AAA-P!

PseudoFed

Enlightened
Well, I'm new to serious flashlights. I got interested when checking out CPF for which Surefire would be best for primary EDC. But, you guys got me stoked about Fenix and the Arc. So, I got my Arc today and am expecting a P1 in the next day or so. These will supplement my 2 6Ps. I've posted separately asking whether I'd be better off with an E2E/KL1 or an L1.

Arc AAA-P first impressions:

Oh Crap, Arc sent me an empty package! This thing was so light I had to squeeze the package to be sure:

ArcAAA-P.jpg

And here is the Arc next to a few things I had laying around:

Bic pen, Inova X5, Nextorch SU5 (my other 2 LEDs, for now!), Arc, AAA battery, 9mm round, Motorola Razr, and "Baby" Glock 26 (my gym carry):

ArcAAA-PwithStuff.jpg

The Arc is dimmer than the X5, but comparable to the SU5, which is quite dim, but is a 2XCR123 light which advertises 60 hour run time (we'll see). In my dark 3-car garage, the Arc is MORE than enough light to brighten from one side to the other and find my way around safely. Sorry no beam pics, but my camera sucks and the beam pics have been done. I can believe how bright the LED thingy gets.

Despite it's size, the Arc feels well made. The head threaded on smoothly but firmly against the o-ring. Zero battery rattle. The pocket clip is so cute I want to wear it on my shirt pocket, but that would be tooo accountant. The head on mine is a slightly darker "green" or "natural" annodized color than the body. Looks kinda cool, actually. The knurling is "just right, and it is easy to operate with either hand. The chemkote interior of the body appears evenly applied.

This is an incredible little light which I expect to occupy a spot on my keychain for life. Ounce for ounce I consider it an incredible deal for $39.95. Now to pick up a couple more as gifts.

Now, to get the P1 and decide on the next SF!

Later,
Jeff

PseudoFed

Enlightened
Thanks for the tip on the mini clip! I've actually been using a blue tiny caribiner that was a freebee with a cell phone pouch. I've hit Cabela's and Cheaper Than Dirt (I live 5 mins from each in North Fort Worth) looking for a slightly bigger one, and in black, but this mini clip fits the bill. Will I spend more in shipping than on the product?

Later,
Jeff.

robertl999

Newly Enlightened
Good luck with the light. You must be serious about flashlights, with the 2nd day air delivery for it. A man after my own heart!

PseudoFed

Enlightened
Correctamundo on the 2nd day air thing. However, I miscalculated. Was trying to get delivery by Friday, 9/1, but didn't get my order in on time, and thought 2nd day air was going to do it. Ended up being Tuesday 9/5 due to the holiday. Aaargh@%^&!.

I might have sprung for next day!

Jeff.

mchlwise

Enlightened
PseudoFed said:
this mini clip fits the bill. Will I spend more in shipping than on the product?

If you just get one, you will spend more on shipping than on the clip.

That's why you get at least 5, preferably in a couple different sizes. Once you have them and start attaching them to things, you'll find you can never have enough of them.

:grin2: