Brinkman maxfire LX vs Surefire C3??

fire-stick

Enlightened
How would the Brinkman maxfire LX compare to the Surefire C3??

Not build quality just beam characteristics.. (throw/output/artifacts)

I have a brinkman Maxfire LX and will be getting my C3 soon. I was just curious as to how the C3 would compare to the maxfire LX..

Scott

ohiocopper

Newly Enlightened
I dont have the C3, But I can say that the Maxfire gives my 6P a very serious run for its money.

dragoman

Enlightened
C3 is a 9V light with a p90 (105 lumens) or p91 (220 lumens) LAs.

It will be brighter than your maxfire.

dragoman

redskins38

Newly Enlightened
Ive never played with a maxfire before but if its only as powerful as a 6p then go with the C3. Ive got a C3 and my brothers got a G2 and the C3 has a much better throw along with a bigger and brighter beam.

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Materials and quality will be much better. The C3's beam will be brighter, with a larger, but oval, hotspot that throws further, and lights up a bigger area. Spill should be brighter as well, though I'm not sure how much(gave my MaxFire to my mother some time ago). Don't expect a HUGE difference, though it will be more in every way.
Try a Wolf-Eyes 9V D26 lamp assembly for even more brightness without sacrificing runtime-you need a spare LA, anyway.

fire-stick

Enlightened
dragoman said:
C3 is a 9V light with a p90 (105 lumens) or p91 (220 lumens) LAs.

It will be brighter than your maxfire.

dragoman

That's the same thing I thought, but FLR.com has the maxfire LX as being 64. (64 x 1.62 = 103)

What about throw does anyone know if the HOLA has a higher lux than the standard LA?

Size15's

Flashaholic
fire-stick said:
That's the same thing I thought, but FLR.com has the maxfire LX as being 64. (64 x 1.62 = 103)

It would be valid to compare FLR's data for the LX against FLR's data for the C3 (P90 lamp) because you are comparing the data gathered from two different flashlights using the same method. But alas FLR has not reviewed the C3).
However, there is no basis for comparing FLR data against the data given as a rating based on a completely different method (the details of which are unknown).

IMHO the only real way to compare the beams is side-by-side for yourself.
This of course is easier said than done in most cases but I strongly believe that each of us sees things differently.

Al

fire-stick

Enlightened
Size15's said:
It would be valid to compare FLR's data for the LX against FLR's data for the C3 (P90 lamp) because you are comparing the data gathered from two different flashlights using the same method. But alas FLR has not reviewed the C3).
However, there is no basis for comparing FLR data against the data given as a rating based on a completely different method (the details of which are unknown).

IMHO the only real way to compare the beams is side-by-side for yourself.
This of course is easier said than done in most cases but I strongly believe that each of us sees things differently.

Al

Yea that's right FLR hasn't ever reviewed the C3.. It is best to compare apples to apples.. My bad..

...Size15....

I've heard people say that the C3 has the same lux as the C2 because it has the same reflector.. Just it only has more output.. What do you think about that would you say the C3 has a higher lux than the C2?

Size15's

Flashaholic
I must be getting confused because I thought you were comparing FLR's calculated lumen rating (using the 1.62 multiplier) against SureFire's lumen rating.

Are you asking a different question now? - Whether the C3 has the same beam intensity (aka throw) as the C2?
If this is your question than my answer is that to my eyes the throw of the C2 and C3 beams are the same but that the C3's beam is larger and illuminates the targets more clearly.

fire-stick

Enlightened
Size15's said:
Are you asking a different question now? - Whether the C3 has the same beam intensity (aka throw) as the C2?
If this is your question than my answer is that to my eyes the throw of the C2 and C3 beams are the same but that the C3's beam is larger and illuminates the targets more clearly.

Yea that was my question.. Thanks man.. I didn't mean to be confusing..

Scott