Flashaholic looking for advice on future collection.

Ledacholic Anonymous

Newly Enlightened
OH MAN, I have discovered a gold mine when I tripped into this forum 3 weeks ago. It a treasure trolls of information. Within the last two weeks I have been doing a buying spree. So far I have place a purchase for:

1. Surefire U2
2. Night Ops Gladius
3. Inova T5
4. Arc AAA-P
5. Fenix L2P
6. Fenix E0
7. Fenix L0P

So far I have received the two fenixes L2P and E0 and have alot of fun playing with them. My six year old son said he wants the Fenix E0 and that give me a reason to purchase the Arc AAA-P for myself :grin2:.

I am very interested in the INOVA line and will expands into that for the near future. Please help as I am information overloaded :hairpull:. I am interested in Quality torches. Could anybody advise me on torches to consider and why? Would you consider it worth that price point?

Thank you for your time.

Last edited:

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello Ledacholic Anonymous:)

Take a look at multiple Luxeon lights. They are incredible in output and beamshape.

Elektrolumens offers some nice ones, also Milkyspit with his new creations and some great modders too:)

Best regards

_____
Tom

Ledacholic Anonymous

Newly Enlightened
Oh my :cool:. Those torches are interesting. They will eat batteries for breakfast. Just wondering the quality of these modified torches.

Ledacholic Anonymous

Newly Enlightened
Very impressive light. I like The McLuxIII-T's look.
Will take me awhile to read through it. There is alot of jargons.:rock:
Seems like the UVIJ tint is the flavour of the month.

fleegs

Enlightened
Also look into the HDS series, the Firefly series from Dspeck (both in manufacturing forum), the CR2 Ion and the Exolion from Gregw.

good luck.

rob

greenLED

Flashaholic
Ledacholic Anonymous said:
Could anybody advise me on torches to consider and why? Would you consider it worth that price point?
Let me ask *you* this instead: what do you want these lights for? I can suggest you buy a SF HellFire, but that' won't do you any good if you're looking for a pocket light.

Ledacholic Anonymous

Newly Enlightened
greenLED, the HellFire is one killer torch with a price to match. You are right, I should narrow the search to something for everyday uses. I am looking for a dependable and quality light here. A bonus if it accept Li-ion rechargeable battery.

joema

Flashlight Enthusiast
...something for everyday uses. I am looking for a dependable and quality light here. A bonus if it accept Li-ion rechargeable battery.
The U2 and Gladius you've ordered are great lights. As already suggested, the McLuxIII-PD and Fire-FlyIII are excellent choices in the small 1-cell category. Another good choice is the HDS U60: http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/hds_edcu60xr.htm

I think all three (McLuxIII-PD, FF3, HDS U60) can use either rechargeable Li-ion cells or non-rechargeable primary lithium cells). Someone correct me if wrong.

HDS recently merged with Novatac and will soon be producing some new lights. These are plain-looking from the outside, but are sophisticated inside and robustly constructed.

http://www.pocketlights.com/blog/blog.html (scroll down to heading "High-Line LED Flashlights from HDS")
http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133279
http://www.novatac.com/

If you want a bigger more powerful multi-emitter light, look at Elektrolumens: http://www.elektrolumens.com/index.html

Ledacholic Anonymous

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Joema, I think you have sum it all up. I am still abit confuse about the McLuxIII-PD. Don't know much about FF3 - will look into it abit more. Novatac website announced new flashlights in November, and will wait for that. Nice find there for the Pocketlights.com.

Lit Up

Flashlight Enthusiast
greenLED, the HellFire is one killer torch with a price to match. You are right, I should narrow the search to something for everyday uses. I am looking for a dependable and quality light here. A bonus if it accept Li-ion rechargeable battery.

I just wanna recommend that any lithium lights you get stay put up from the younger flashaholics in the family. They can pose a risk that you would readily be able to identify (at times) but maybe not the younger ones.

Delvance

Enlightened
How about a nice hotwire ? :) Or even a smallish HID light.

An easy to build hotwire would be a ROP (check incandescent area of CPF) or something requiring a bit of cutting and soldering skills would be a M@g85 with KIU socket.

A nice AE Powerlight 24Watt or Microfire K2000R would look good in anyone's collection too ;)

Roccomo

Enlightened
Definately check out the HDS EDC. One small, very pocketable light that likely covers all the outputs of each light in your original post.

Concept

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi LA

Seems you have been doing well so far. I joined a little more than a week before you and I have had the same problem slowing down. My tally for the month of September.

Fenix E1
Fenix L2T/L1T
Fenix P1
CR2 Ion
Orb Raw Ns
Surefire L2
FFIII Ti (still coming)

As you can see the last one was my latest choice as I am leaning towards the single cell lights. I really like the small ones and for me it means I will carry it more often.

marxs

Enlightened
+1 on the PD! hold on to your wallet fast! oh wait...thats already done with..hahaha

welcome to cpf my flashy friend. nice starting collection.

mark

Ledacholic Anonymous

Newly Enlightened
I was tempted to get the HDS. I have heard something new coming on the horizon. I will wait for further news from NovaTac. I guess I have turned to the dark side in the last few days. I have been reading up on McGizmo thread. I am almost about to place an order for the 27LT with UX1K. Currently I have only in my hand the two fenixes. I better wait for the arrival of my other flashlights.

Concept, you have very nice collection there. The Orb Raw is very nice looking light but very short run time on high due to it limited size. CR2 Ion seems interesting (I am itching for one) but not sure why it commands 4x the price of the P1.