My Fenix L1P Got Screwed!

sakurazaka

Newly Enlightened
I drop my L1P to the floor from the height of 1m and now whenever i try to turn it on, one of three situations might happen;

1. Nothing
2. Flickers once or twice before going back to "Nothing"
3. A very small amount of light will appear even though battery is fresh and it flickers

Please advise :mecry:

glockboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Take the tail cap off and used a paper clip to turn the light on, if still flicker, tighten the head.

sakurazaka

Newly Enlightened
How exactly do you use a paper clip to turn it on? :eek:
Tighten the head as in?

Sorry man, not really Mr DIY here. Can you please elaborate?

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Touch one end of the clip to the back of the battery and the other end to the body of the Fenix to close the circuit. If it works fine, then something in the tailcap might have come loose.

Tighten the head as in screw it on a little tighter as it might have loosened slightly after being dropped.

The head IS a separate part although it looks well integrated. The Fenix is made up of Head, body and tailcap. The head is usually potted shut but might be able to 'screw' a little.

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll be glad to get it fix for you. Shoot me an email with your name and order number if you bought it from me.

vic303

Enlightened
Try tightening the head first, and then with a pair of needlenose pliers, tighten the retaining ring in the tailcap. If that all doesn't fix it, I'd take 4Sevens up on his offer.

sakurazaka

Newly Enlightened
All right, i manage to get it fixed by tightening the ring in the tailcap. I can't even manage to move/twist the head a little but anyhow it's fixed for now. Thanks guys

4sevens, ya i bought it from you but that was when you were conducting bulk buy in the forum. heh

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast
sakurazaka said:
All right, i manage to get it fixed by tightening the ring in the tailcap. I can't even manage to move/twist the head a little but anyhow it's fixed for now. Thanks guys

4sevens, ya i bought it from you but that was when you were conducting bulk buy in the forum. heh

Oh good, I'm glad it's resolved. The earlier batches had their heads
potted on. :)

If you have any thing else that comes up, don't hesitate to email me :)