Polarion HID "Helios" - PF40 Gets Serious

Ken J. Good

Enlightened
We've been working on a complete kit to allow the Polarion HID PF40 to be mounted on crew served weapons systems.

1. Mounts (see below) - Other mounts to follow

2. Custom IR Filters specifically tuned to the output of the 40-watt Polarion HID "Helios. This will in effect allow the Polarion to maximize what it does emit in the IR spectrum. We are planning on rolling out a completely covert filter and one that allows a bit more IR out, but can be seen from ranges of 6 meters in. Customer chooses. Should be ready in a couple of weeks.

3. Cables for remote Power (military 5590 Li-Ion batteries) and/or vehicle power with Remote Switching back to the operator - In development; can't give you a specific time frame just yet. Will know more in a few days.

Wanted to give you a sneak preview of the first mount ready for operational testing on a .50 cal machinegun. Sorry about the photos as I don't have the time to send all this to a studio just yet....

It will be made from 7076 Aluminum (read - very hard) with Stainless steel screws/nuts. Lasers can be mounted in the 9, 12, or 3 O'clock position relative to the light

I have some serious folks waiting for all this to materialize and we are right around the corner now!

Polarion-HID-Wpns-Mount-Pro.jpg

Polarion-HID-Wpns-Mount-Lef.jpg

Polarion-HID-Wpns-Mount-Btm.jpg

Polarion-HID-Wpns-Mount-Bkt.jpg

Last edited:

BVH

Flashaholic
Alright! One more feature making it super competitive with the SF Hellfire(fighter?)

Ken, any word on the charging cradle option?

Ken J. Good

Enlightened
Cradle Charging for the Handheld: No word yet...I am jumping up and down on the desk though!!! :rant:

Ken J. Good

Enlightened
I believe Polarion has found a suitable charger. Should have some word on that shortly.

In the meantime, consider going to you local autoparts store, spending 25$-30 on an inverter. Plugs into your cigarette lighter and you can run many AC devices as well, like your laptop.

Now if I could get get IGo to make a tip for the Helios:
ref: http://igo.com :laughing: