Fenix LOD - better than LOP SE?

waion

Newly Enlightened
I have been told that Fenix is about to sell the Fenix LOD in the next few days. It's a Lux III AAA light with 5 stages and some more functions than the LOP SE. Has anyone heard of this? Any updates?

Last edited:

iNDiGLo

"the Precious..."
waion said:
Fenix is about to sell the Fenix LOD in the next few days. It's a Lux III AAA light with 5 stages and some more functions than the LOP SE. Has anyone heard of this. Any updates?

LOD? I think you meant P1D and P1D CE. :grin2:

waion

Newly Enlightened
No, it's not the P1D or P1D CE. It's a Lux III AAA light having exactly the same appearance of the LOP SE but a different logo of "LOD". It's a Lux III light with 5 stages output and something more. I have only seen the pictures myself. I'm interested in buying one of this.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
I want a L1D CE. .9-3.7v capable. low med high strobe. In HA NAT with a clip. Then I'd be done. :D

damon

Newly Enlightened
yup seen it b4 on those chinese websites
it got strobe n SOS besides Hi Med Lo

just like that new P1D or P1D CE

hookoo

Newly Enlightened
damon said:
yup seen it b4 on those chinese websites
it got strobe n SOS besides Hi Med Lo

just like that new P1D or P1D CE

I don't really care for the extra two stages. I want to be able to switch between modes fast. The 3 currently are perfect as is

fly888

Newly Enlightened
Yes, same size as L0P SE with 5 mod ....with natural or black in color.

Last edited:

aceman

Newly Enlightened
By your description this sounds like the Fenix LO-Ti model light in size and function but using a Luxeon III emitter and aluminum body construction

B@rt

Flashaholic
It doesn't have an XR-E, the only thing is it is capable of using a li-ion battery AFAIK.
2006111823545720460rp8.jpg

L0D on Shoudian.com (use Babelfish to translate from Chinese)

Thrower

Newly Enlightened
But the 3w emitter on the 4w PCB has always been an undocumented feature of the L0P-SE.

On the site referred to in the previous note, the reason given for "L0D" was simply that L0P-SE was a confusing and overly-long name.

So - basically, it's the L0P-SE with the new programming (SoS & Strobe)

PAB

Enlightened
I may not know where I am, but I'm not lost
Were there any other new Fenix's listed on that site? I've tried to look a couple of times, but my browser keeps locking up. Besides, I'm not real good at reading chinese. I'm hoping to see an L1D or an L1T-CE or something similar.

fly888

Newly Enlightened
PAB said:
Were there any other new Fenix's listed on that site? I've tried to look a couple of times, but my browser keeps locking up. Besides, I'm not real good at reading chinese. I'm hoping to see an L1D or an L1T-CE or something similar.

It still no L1D nor L1T-CE.....

What can be seen are L0D and Civictor CR (stainless steel 1XAA, not Cree)...haha

dchao

Enlightened
:wow:

80 Lum in that tiny body (without much surface area to dissipate heat). Just don't get your fingers burnt!

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
dchao said:
:wow:

80 Lum in that tiny body (without much surface area to dissipate heat). Just don't get your fingers burnt!
My translator does not translate properly but I think there is a warning agaist prolonged use at 80 lumens (10440 Li-on required).

Walt175

Enlightened
For demonstartion purposes I ran my LOP-SE on a Li-ion at Photon Fest 7. It is impressively bright, but it gets hot FAST. Not a whole lot of heatsinking. Not something I would do on a regular basis.