Fenix LOD - better than LOP SE?

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
josean said:
It is very similar to the soon-to-be-released Jetbeam-AAA (english translation).

I am very interested in one of these lights.

Thanks for the tip josean!
The L0D is a pass for me since I don't need another AAA Luxeon light (two is enough) Looked at the JET AAA and it looks very good, I like the stout head construction. The threading in the head looks like brass which is great for a twistie light. My copper FF3 head glides smoooth on the aluminum threaded body. Now if they can roll out their AA and AAA lights with an XRE inside, sign me up.

arty

Enlightened
PWM?

I wonder if it uses PWM for changing light levels, or if it is really electronic.

light_emitting_dude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Input voltage: 0.8V~3.7V. This should run of of a 10440 li-ion very well. I have a charging spacer for the 14550, does anyone know what type of spacer to get for the 10440? Should work in my charger I got from lighthound.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
man, a ce version would be awsome.... 100 lumens off a tiny li-on.... wow, that'd be awsome

-David

light_emitting_dude

Flashlight Enthusiast
cheapo said:
man, a ce version would be awsome.... 100 lumens off a tiny li-on.... wow, that'd be awsome

-David

That's what i'm talkin bout! Would not be suprised if we see that by the end of the year.

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just seen JetBeam Mu, I must say, it's by far one of the best designed (looking) AAA lights ... the length is more as compared to LoD, but Solid Positive Contact is a Plus, Price would obviously be more.... and yet... JetBeam Mu is also a Pass, because it's LUXEON!

NO MORE LUXEONS for me... now onwards, (unless they ever come up with something better than Cree XR-E)

Bonez

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone done a runtime on the LOD yet, or can it be assumed that the runtime is similiar to the LOP-SE as there was a post earlier that the LOP-SE uses the 3w emmiter already, but the fenix website states longer runtimes for the LOD. I know not to trust the manufacturers runtime numbers, but was looking to buy a few LOD's as gifts for christmas, but if the HIGH runtime is still only around 18 minutes, im going to have to take a pass.

:popcorn:

EsthetiX

Enlightened
Can anyone confirm what kind of performance gain (if any) from using Li-Ion with LOD?

I really hate tha fact that you have to cycle through 2 more useless levels (strobe and SOS with the LOD). I cant understand why they would discontinue the l0P Se and then make this one a higher price when it seems to be actually less desirable wih the extra useless cylcles imho

Thujone

Flashlight Enthusiast
ViReN said:
Just seen JetBeam Mu, I must say, it's by far one of the best designed (looking) AAA lights ...

Where can details and pics be found? Where can this light be purchased?

EsthetiX

Enlightened
Thujone said:
Where can details and pics be found? Where can this light be purchased?

Tadgear has em. I saw some pictures of one that somebody had on their keychain and it looks like the finish scatches off VERY easily.

Thujone

Flashlight Enthusiast
EsthetiX said:
Tadgear has em. I saw some pictures of one that somebody had on their keychain and it looks like the finish scatches off VERY easily.

Thanks for the help, found here

Says "Type III HA natural grey anodized finish" Guess that might be a loose translation if you say it is coming off so easily... Bummer it is a sharp looking light. But for that cost it should have a solid coating and at this point either a Cree XRE or at the very least a U bin... you can get similar performance form a L0Pse for 35 shipped.

EsthetiX

Enlightened
Thujone said:
Thanks for the help, found here

Says "Type III HA natural grey anodized finish" Guess that might be a loose translation if you say it is coming off so easily... Bummer it is a sharp looking light. But for that cost it should have a solid coating and at this point either a Cree XRE or at the very least a U bin... you can get similar performance form a L0Pse for 35 shipped.

Yah, the fact it scratches up easily at a price like that really turned me off.

dapyro

Newly Enlightened
EsthetiX said:
Can anyone confirm what kind of performance gain (if any) from using Li-Ion with LOD?

I really hate tha fact that you have to cycle through 2 more useless levels (strobe and SOS with the LOD). I cant understand why they would discontinue the l0P Se and then make this one a higher price when it seems to be actually less desirable wih the extra useless cylcles imho

It thought it isn't necesarry to cycle through these extra modes because it starts over again when you put it off for a couple of seconds and on again, so you don't notice it unless you need it.