Where did the thread go?

Greta

Flashaholic
Okie dokie then... someone wanna tell me where the "New girl on the block... " thread went to? Did it get moved? Did it get deleted? C'mon now... 'fess up. I promise no one will get hurt... much.

Unforgiven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Check the Buy/Sell/Trade...... not there
rolleyes.gif
grin.gif

Saaby

Flashaholic
Yeah I noticed it disappeared too, I think Brightshadow figured out how the "delete" function works, check the recycle bin on CPF...

ahem, good thing CPF has flood control, wouldn't want water to get on those servers...

Greta

Flashaholic
*deep calming, cleansing breath in*.... *out with all of the bad air*... *in with the good*... *out with the bad*... ahhhh... time for bed now. And when I wake up in the morning, this will all have been just a bad dream. Yes, yes... a bad dream where threads turn into AOL chat rooms about teenage dating and where threads get deleted by said teenagers... *in with the good air*... *out with the bad*... yes, yes... just a bad dream...

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
Need to disable that "Delete" button (if possible). Or maybe have it set a flag to alert someone that can do a proper delet, that a delete has been requested.

Saaby

Flashaholic
I think it's probably not possible, but it would be perfect if it disabled itself on the first post after a second post was, well, posted. I have started at least 1 topic that I promptly deleted--and I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't delete the occasional stupid post and try again, or...which is more likely, delete an accidental double post.

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
I was refering to deleting a "Topic" (Thread)....should have made that clear in my earlier post. Got to be able to delete mistakes and other statements that seemed ok when entered but looked really dumb in the cold gray light of dawn.
smile.gif

Saaby

Flashaholic
Yeah but here's the thing, maybe this can be controlled...maybe not, but deleting that first post is that deletes the topic. It says in big bold letters IF THIS IS THE FIRST POST, IT WILL DELETE THE WHOLE TOPIC or something like that...I don't know
confused.gif

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
It obviously had to have been deleted. CPF has definitely taken a turn for the weird lately, huh. Is it suffering from growing pains?

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Originally posted by darell:
Weren't me. Cross my heart and stick needles in my eye. (and I haven't done that since I had to chase Ted off my EV thread!).
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">HEY! Ted who? Ted me?
(I want to make it clear that darell is just trying his hand at humor, again.)

Saaby

Flashaholic
Originally posted by geepondy:
It obviously had to have been deleted. CPF has definitely taken a turn for the weird lately, huh. Is it suffering from growing pains?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">BrightShadow appears to have deleted it on her own...no worries I suppose. Due to this Sasha has gone and taken away delete privelages from all of us
mad.gif
so I guess we'll start to see a lot of posts like the one above as people post and decide they'd like to delete, not edit, their post.

OH! And I see flood control is 2 minutes now? Very funny Sasha...

Greta

Flashaholic
Ryan,

I had nothing to do with the flood control. Talk to David on that one. I would suggest an email.