What musical instrument(s) do you play?

Zephyr

Enlightened
Hello everyone!

I know that there are a lot of very talented and gifted members here in CPF and besides the extensive knowledge of torches and light emmitting gadgets, I'm just curious to know what musical instrument(s) do CPF members know how to play?

As for me, besides the radio, I know how to play the drums, clarinet, and I would ocassionaly play auxillary percussion for my band.

Take care everyone!

ZEPH
smile.gif

rlhess

Enlightened
When asked, I've always said "I play the recorder." People look at you as if to say "that's an odd instrument." I then pause a bit and reply, "yes, as in tape!"

Cheers,

Richard

Saaby

Flashaholic
Ok Dan...in one of those loud, obvious definotly wink wink nudge nudge type of voices, what is a Henway?

leddite

Enlightened
in "odor" of skill: piano, djembe/drums, recorder, pennywhistles, guitar, and hacking on many others...

Cutter

Enlightened
Originally posted by Saaby:
Ok Dan...in one of those loud, obvious definotly wink wink nudge nudge type of voices, what is a Henway?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Awww....it's no fun when your ready for it....and you're supposed to say....What's a henway?......then I can say....about 3 pounds.

Oh well.
grin.gif

I played the trumpet in Grade School and Junior High....but those days are long gone.

Darell

Flashaholic
I took tons of piano lessons (that didn't really "take") when growing up, switched to the flute in Jr. High (because I needed to carry my instrument to school every day - smart, huh?), but got beat up too much, switched again to the Alto Sax (figured that was the "coolest" jazz instrument). Played that until my jaw disassembled itself in college, and I've been instrumentless ever since. Oh, except for the "keyboard."

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I used to play the violin. The only benefit I got out of that was I could sit on the hard case it came in and ride it all the way down to the bus stop in the winter.
smile.gif

Played the thing till I was around 14, then I pulled a "Beavis & Butthead" on it and put an end to that.
blush.gif

d'mo

Enlightened
Bari-sax, professionally in an 18 piece big-band during high-school and part of college. Dropping out of the band was one of the biggest mistakes I've ever made.

Tree

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used to play the guitar in bands while in college. Don't play much anymore. In fact I'll be selling my amp, fx, and one of my guitars soon.

I do miss it though. Lately when I try to play it seems forced and not fun anymore. :-(

Flashlightboy

Enlightened
Piano, trombone and clarinet. Hey, Benny Goodman and Glen Miller were cool. Still play the piano.

axolotls

Enlightened
i've had my hand in most things (the typical crap in school). had my hand in a cookie jar once... but that got slapped away. i pulled a beavis and butthead too, but my mom told me the trumpet was not supposed to be put there.

i abuse the geetar now at least an hour a day. i think imma good since the neighbors dont complain as much as i complain about their loudmouthed wives
grin.gif

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
Piano/Keyboard
Guitar - Electric and accoustic
Bass Guitar - 5-string (currently working on a custom, hand made 5-string fretless.
Banjo - Only just a little though.
I can play various other stringed instruments, not well, but I can do it.

webley445

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would say that I can call myself a musician. Since the late eighties up til about two years ago have been a steady full time player. Have done Heavy Metal/Hard Rock (80's), top 40 , Dance, and even a retro New Wave bands. Last project we were trying to get a deal, got a decent review in the NY Post and played twice in NYC for A&R reps trying to break into the bigtime.
Then the project turned sour, dissatisfactions formed, well I left, it fell apart, and I did what I swore I'd never do. Donned a suit and tie and got a job as an ops manager. For a security guard company no less! Dudes, what happened?! guess I got old.

You know, I had this idea earlier. I read this post where someone quoted some song lyrics, but changing words to express a "flashaholic' theme. Got me to thinking about writing a song or an instrumental piece for the CPF, like maybe a theme song. Any opinions? Another thought, a contest. Vote for the official site theme, or (to be PC) vote for different musical pieces to be assigned/dedicated to each forum. I dunno, just a thought.

Oh..almost forgot. I plays keyboards/synth. I also sequence, sample, and do some recording.

bwcaw

Enlightened
I used to take piano lessons, but quit, because I hated being called a "pianist". But I know this guy who plays his armpit really well.
grin.gif