Best 2 - AA 3W manufactured.

Roger11

Newly Enlightened
Looking to see if there is any consensus. My preferences is for multi-stage, manufactured, over custom. It should have good throw. Would like it to have at least 30 minutes on hight with rechargeables. I plan to use it as regular flashlight and as bike light with the Twofish blocks.

Thanks,
-roger

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds like you are describing either the Fenix L2T or L2S, well the L2S is 1 watt...

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds like the Fenix L2T

dsc02407small2ty.jpg

dsc02424small0ag.jpg

You can get the Fenix L2T @ http://fenix-store.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_50&products_id=72

Check out the runtime on Duracell Nimh batteries, 3 hours.

InfidelCastro

Banned
The MillerMods L2P is the best one I ever had. Way brighter and much better tint than my stock Fenix L2T. It drew about 1.75 amps from a pair of NIMH rechargeables and stayed about the same brightness through the entire run until the end.

I did like the L2T though. I liked the body style of the L2T much better than the L2P. I like the looks of the L2S as well. I'm waiting for a version of the L2T to come out that's modded with a premium binned Cree-XRE or something like that.

batvette

Newly Enlightened
For that application you may want to consider the Brinkman 3aaa 3w at target for 29.99.... why? Only if you're a weight weinie like me. They weigh just 129g with batteries, I use a pair of them attached permanently with stainless aircraft cable clamps on the bar ends of my all titanium hardtail urban bike. (They are very humble looking and I've lost 2 underseat bags but nobody messes with the lights- I also use a pair of Dinotte 5w lights in the center that are removable, for 16w total LED light)
Runtime's about 2 hours. I had bought a pair of elektrolumens XM-2's for that purpose but they were too bulky.

to carry around I'd say the brinkman is a crappy looking little plastic light. to strap to a bike and forget about they function great.

Oh, and I have them pointing to cross beams about 100ft in front, good throw as well.

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just ordered a huntlight Ft-o2x from Jon Burley...123a and 2 AA bodies....near 80 lumens- on sale now for $33 or $39 for the HAlll body. Good light

InfidelCastro

Banned
Lighthouse one said:
I just ordered a huntlight Ft-o2x from Jon Burley...123a and 2 AA bodies....near 80 lumens- on sale now for $33 or $39 for the HAlll body. Good light

How well does that run on rechargeable AA's? Does it run at full brightness? Did you get the U-binned version?

I'm getting tired of waiting for a Cree L2T.

LowTEC

Enlightened
Lighthouse one said:

I thought they are running no where near 80 lumens, no?