Did I hit the luxeon lottery with any of these???

D-Dog

Enlightened
I took a pic of all my single led lights and I was wondering which color apeals to everyone the most. The contestants were:

Top: Jil Intelli
2nd: Princeton Tec Eclipse
3rd: Black version of Lighthound keychain Led
4th: Clear version of Lighthound Led
5th: 1 watt 3aaa no-name brand

The intelli was whiter than it appeared with no tint of green
The eclipse was close to how it appeared
The Lhound b was more blue and less of a terquoise
The Lhound c was more aqua and less purple than it appeared
The 1 watt a lot more blue than it appeared

I think that these differences were the result of the camera adjusting to the whitest light which would have been the Intelli

Photo_121406_010%231.jpg

Alin10123

Flashlight Enthusiast
In my personal opinion, winning the luxeon lottery is all a matter of personal preference. Some people may prefer a more beige color, while others prefer a pure white, then others might prefer a slight bluish tint. So it's more of a matter of personal preference. However, with an LED that emits really green, i'd say you definately lost the lottery. lol

In your case i'd say with the intelli, you've won the lottery. Of course, it's hard to determine 100% unless you compare with a pre white light source. Otherwise without a comparison, it's hard to see.

mchlwise

Enlightened
Lite_me said:
I don't see anything at all. Just text. :thinking:

same here. :candle:

My understanding of the "luxeon lottery" is that it's not so much something that can be won as it is something that can be lost. Most lights are about as expected, but some can be a bad color or something.