Digital Cameras, how long do your NiMH's last?

Tater Rocket

Enlightened
Digital Cameras, how long do your NiMH\'s last?

Ok, how many pictures (with the flash on) does your digital camera last (at it's highest resolution)? I just got a digital camera for christmas (YAY!!!) and a 128 meg CF card. I wanted to see what would last longer, the NiMH's (4 of them) or the CF card. I got in around 300 shots at highest resolution (2.1 megapixel) and then the card ran out. Then, I brought the camera up and hooked it up to the computer, and browsed all 300 pictures, and THEN the batts died. It took me a good 45 minutes to take the pictures because I can get off at MAX one every 6 seconds because for like 3 seconds it asks me if I want to delete the previous picture. So, a bit over an hour of constant use, taking pictures with flash and the LCD screen on for the batts. How does yours perform?

I noticed the file sizes were not ever the same. I guess that has to do which color takes more notation to say. I don't know, but I did notice some pictures were only 120k (at highest resolution) and others were 600 or 700k. Why is this?

Anyway, thanks
Spud

Tree

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Digital Cameras, how long do your NiMH\'s last?

I've never timed it, but mine last a while, at least a week of picture taking. My camera uses 2 AA NiMH. They are the Fuji brand, I just put in Rayovac, curious to see how they do. I'll have to experiment with battery life.

At highest resolution I get 178 shots (128meg SD card) with file sizes in the 650k - 800k range. I usually keep it on medium resolution which is still 1600 by 1200 but file sizes are in the 300k range and I can store about 400 pics on the card. When I print them out I convert them to BMP files first and have yet to tell a high resolution from medium by looking at them.