Boxing Day?

Size15's

Flashaholic
Boxing Day?

A quick search online brings up the answer that not many know what Boxing Day is (because not many know what Boxing Day was)

There is no definite answer - many pages such as this one for examples attempt to explain it though.
http://www.snopes2.com/holidays/christmas/boxing.htm

It's a National Holiday for The British. We shouldn't need a reason to have a holiday, and to be honest, I don't really care why we do, just that we do. In case someone questions why it gets scrapped and I don't want that!

Al
grin.gif

Monsters_Inc

Banned
I'm sure it's not just the Brits who celebrate boxing day. It may be international, minus USA cos they don't really count as a country
wink.gif
tongue.gif

I remember even Malaysia a ramadam celebrating mainly Islamic country still celebrates Boxing Day. Or has my memory served me wrong?

hotfoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, Singapore is Malaysia's next-door-neighbour and unfortunately, we don't celebrate Boxing Day *sigh*. I know its a big thing with the Yanks 'cos Boxing Day shopping always yields great bargains.

Darell

Flashaholic
This "Yank" has only heard of Boxing Day in passing. It wasn't until Size15's explained it to me that I knew what it meant.

But then I'm somewhat of an iconoclast all the way around, in case you didn't notice.
grin.gif

hotfoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by darell:
But then I'm somewhat of an iconoclast all the way around, in case you didn't notice.
grin.gif
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Ah yes... and I've n'er met a nicer one too, you iconoclast, you...
grin.gif