where do i get the pcb?

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I searched on the internet and they give me a lot of (missed) hits. I just want a cheap, modest pcb that has holes evenly placed in it with copper on each of the hole, i mean the same space between every holes. Any hit will be much appreciated. thanks

LED-FX

Enlightened
Think your thinking of Veroboard:

http://tinyurl.com/3unm

Not a reccomendation for a supplier just first hit google gave me with a picture of the product.

This stuff is the one with copper strips joining a line of holes, use an 1/8" drill bit, hand held, to make a break in a strip.

Comes in other flavours, without copper strips and with strips specifically for prototyping with ICs.

HTH
Adam

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
LED-FX, thanks for the suggestion and yes, that is the kind of pcb i wanted but i think the price a little bit too steep. This might not be teh best way to measure, but they sell lightwave 2100 for $30+ (around $7 more from what i got).

papasan, wonder if the pcb at radioshack has the one that i wanted.

Thanks

LED-FX

Enlightened
Yup, price on that is high because it`s a large panel, it comes in lot smaller sizes at correspondingly lower cost.

Rat Shack should stock it , but other retailers will probably be cheaper.....

Try Digikey, Jameco, Newark and all, someone your side of the world, presuming your Irvine U.S. rather than Irvine Scotland, might be able to point you to the best value seller.

Adam

B@rt

Flashaholic
Hey shiftd ,

I think I have some of that stuff laying around. If it is ony a small part (I think I have something like 7.5 x 12 cm , not sure though) I could mail you some.
Mail me if you want it.

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
bart, email sent

LED-FX, i don't really know the stores that you are talking about. I am considering to go to radioshack and check over there. Fry's has it but tooo expensive while bestbuy don't have anything like it. Nevertheless, thanks

thanks for the help.

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
LED-FX, thanks sooooo much for the link. You really much of a help. I am considering to buy electronic parts from bgmicro. Jameco don't have the one that i need while digikey is not user friendly and newark takes forever to load their page. Thanks again for the help

Bart, Email sent. Please reply as soon as you checked your pcb.

Thanks again everyone

B@rt

Flashaholic
fd0cc91e.gif