Contribute URL's of other good forums.

goldenlight

Enlightened
Aside from some Usenet forum I frequent, CPF is the only other forum I regularly read.

However, reading a thread which turned into a discussion of Fram oil filters lead me to a link for a UBB dedicated to auto and truck lubrication: oils, greases, as well as fuel additives and related items. An incredible wealth of information!

http://theoildrop.server101.com/forums/ubbthreads.php

There must be a large number of other 'special interest' forums that would be of great benefit to CPF members.

I'd like to see CPF member contribute URL for 'other forums', and then perhaps the Moderators could make a list of them, and make a sticky post.

There is a HUGE amount of information on the 'net....but it can be very difficult to find.

If you Google 'oil filters', you'd likely get 100,000 hits, (or more.....) one of which would be the forum shown above. But it would be hard to find.

There's a forum for Pontiac Vibe owners:

http://forums.genvibe.com/

I lost the link once, and couldn't find it through Google. I looked for about an hour and a half, with no luck. Fortunately, I had bookmarked it on my work computer, (heh heh.....) so I was able to find it again.

I remember someone asking here about firearms related forums, too. I'll bet there are some good ones.

So if you have a URL for a forum you think other CPF members might find useful, please list them here!

Diesel_Bomber

Flashlight Enthusiast
Arboristsite.com - Good chainsaw/tree industry info. I used to lurk there but never actually joined. The moderators allowed more BS than I like to deal with.

Fieldlines.com - Forum attached to Otherpower.com. GREAT alternative energy forum. Again, I only lurked. But this time it was because I was easily able to learn more than I could handle without joining. I'll probably join when I start building my off-grid house.

:buddies:

Last edited: