Living the good life :)

bykfixer

Flashaholic
His nose should be painted red for Christmas. 😁
IMG_2202.jpeg

Perhaps sir Scout was out walking around one day at the bottom of a cliff and found that well endowed dinner for 20 critter laying there?

raggie33

*the raggedier*
deer are jerks omg they was all over my old town for real all over almsot took me out so many times i ride motorcycles thats all ai drive on them if you hit one its time out your dead. ty for geting rid of a few and eating them in july i almsot hit one id swerve it swerved back in my path lol

Poppy

Flashaholic
deer are jerks
Truth be told!

Years ago I had a Ford Aerostar mini van. I lived in the New York City Metropolitan area and for the most part there are no deers. During the Christmas rush, with a ton of traffic on a six lane state highway, I saw a deer on the shoulder of the road. I thought, OMG if he ran out into traffic there would be a multi-car pileup. I slowed down and hogged two lanes of traffic to try to get traffic to slow.

Wouldn't you know it, this stupid deer ran right into the side of my van!

I brought the van to a friend's body shop. I got it back a month later, after renting a Monte Carlo, and then a F150. My son was young and thought it was cool for me to pick him up at school in the Monte Carlo, and I really enjoyed the F150.

Poppy

Flashaholic
Back on a positive note.
It seems that for too many years, I was always "On a mission" my wife though would "Stop and smell the roses" that would frustrate me, but occasionally, I'd slow down, and really appreciate it and her.

I'm still an "On a mission" type of guy, but I do try to appreciate the roses more often. I think that the more often I slow down and appreciate the roses, the better person I'll be.

Today, I took this picture. IMO because I like it, it brings joy to me. It is part of "living the good life!" At least to me.
1702781881536.png

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Truth be told!

Years ago I had a Ford Aerostar mini van. I lived in the New York City Metropolitan area and for the most part there are no deers. During the Christmas rush, with a ton of traffic on a six lane state highway, I saw a deer on the shoulder of the road. I thought, OMG if he ran out into traffic there would be a multi-car pileup. I slowed down and hogged two lanes of traffic to try to get traffic to slow.

Wouldn't you know it, this stupid deer ran right into the side of my van!

I brought the van to a friend's body shop. I got it back a month later, after renting a Monte Carlo, and then a F150. My son was young and thought it was cool for me to pick him up at school in the Monte Carlo, and I really enjoyed the F150.
I just inherited a work vehicle with a deer dent in the door. It's really not that bad but the mother ship insists on spending $4k for a new door.
IMG_2235.jpeg

I offered to fix it with this
IMG_1809.jpeg

The boss said "nice try but nah, get a new door".

The guy who had it said the deer put its head down and charged the car "WHAM"

So now I'm living the good life sporting around in a Ford Explorer company car instead of the company truck that rode like an empty dump truck.

Poppy

Flashaholic
It's 18F out tonight. I enjoyed a large bowl of chicken rice soup I made yesterday. Microwave's are great for convenience. Watching TV, I got bored watching the news, and switched to youtube to catch-up on what's going on in Ukraine.

I ended up watching some music video's.

Why is it that I enjoy listening to Willie Nelson so much, when he speaks as much as he sings?
What a unique personality.

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's 18F out tonight. I enjoyed a large bowl of chicken rice soup I made yesterday. Microwave's are great for convenience. Watching TV, I got bored watching the news, and switched to youtube to catch-up on what's going on in Ukraine.

I ended up watching some music video's.

Why is it that I enjoy listening to Willie Nelson so much, when he speaks as much as he sings?
What a unique personality.

Willie's singing always makes me want to move to Texas and have a ranch and ride horses. Yee haw! 200.gif

pnwoutdoors

Enlightened
Back on a positive note.
It seems that for too many years, I was always "On a mission" my wife though would "Stop and smell the roses" that would frustrate me, but occasionally, I'd slow down, and really appreciate it and her.

I'm still an "On a mission" type of guy, but I do try to appreciate the roses more often. I think that the more often I slow down and appreciate the roses, the better person I'll be.

Today, I took this picture. IMO because I like it, it brings joy to me. It is part of "living the good life!" At least to me.
View attachment 54230

In New Jersey, puttering around the lake where you just dumped your last iron shot is one thing.

In Florida, that "smellin' the roses" situation'd be more like a "pickin' crud out o' the gators' teeth" thing. In which case, those three-pack golf ball purchases come in handy. Channeling your inner Happy Gilmore, IOW. :ROFLMAO:

Former golfer, here. BTDT ... with gaiters, not gators thankfully, often being up to our ankles in the mud and slush during the cooler parts of the year. "Fooooour!"

Attachments

• Artist-Gary-Patterson-Captures-the-Humor-of-Golf-Water-Hazard[1].jpg
    Artist-Gary-Patterson-Captures-the-Humor-of-Golf-Water-Hazard[1].jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 25

raggie33

*the raggedier*
I kind of recall him playing a free concert at the flea market wasn't a fan back then due to well I'm a rocker and metal head. But now I am a fan just because he seems like a cool dude