Living the good life :)

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Last night for dinner, I picked up a pound of deli sliced roast beef, a can of beef gravy, and a package of potato rolls.
My daughter picked up a side order or sweet potato fries, and Deep fried onion rings at a small chain grill.

Sometimes living the good life means a quick and easy dinner.

Heat up the gravy, and dip the roast beef in it to heat and season it.

Sorry no pictures.
I turned on my inteli-smell app.... mmmm. Now I'm hungry. No pix required.

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had issues after covid like yours and someone suggested a B12 vitamin each morning for about 30 days. Either it worked or I'm used to the change but I think it worked.
I'm taking Centrum Silver, do you think I need a straight, B12 supplement, too? If so, how many mg's?

bykfixer

Flashaholic
It was just one of those over the counter b-12 pills. 500McG if I recall correct.

It was an elderly fellow who said after covid his get up n go had got up and went more than usual and after about 90 days he tried the B-12 and his get up n go had returned to what it had been prior to covid. I just felt sluggish and had brain fade often so I tried it and it helped.

I take a generic centrum silver now.

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
It was just one of those over the counter b-12 pills. 500McG if I recall correct.

It was an elderly fellow who said after covid his get up n go had got up and went more than usual and after about 90 days he tried the B-12 and his get up n go had returned to what it had been prior to covid. I just felt sluggish and had brain fade often so I tried it and it helped.

I take a generic centrum silver now.
Yeaah, I was too, Kroger's version, but now I can't find it. All they have is Men's and Women's--not just a everyone. I guess the figure they can sell two products instead of one. :mad: So we switched to the Centrum--one bottle for both me and she. :)

Poppy

Flashaholic
Does this make me a religious person?

1696198151599.png

Poppy

Flashaholic
That has always been my goal when heading out to the back-country, mountains, coastline, wherever in Nature. Even hard multi-day hikes into the mountains would be for the purpose of becoming just another animal out there, taking in all the grandeur and the wildlife in such places. If I couldn't "recharge the batteries" (body and mind), it wasn't really worth doing. For me, at least, those opportunities make it all worthwhile ... realizing I'm just a small fry in a very great expanse, just like every other living thing. Funny what you can see other animals doing when you're just there and blending in.

Did kayaking for many years, awhile back. Almost exclusively on rivers and larger creeks in the mountains. Of course, without a keel, those things can be a bit cantankerous on a lake, lagoon or the ocean. But, either way, as you say, it can be a great opportunity to chat with buddies and to take in all the beauty of Nature.
@pnwoutdoors
Today I took my grandson for a round of golf. At the eighth or ninth hole we were visited by some locals. A doe and four fawns.

1696814859676.png

1696814917218.png

Much better than a gaggle of Canada Geese.

Poppy

Flashaholic
What's par for one of those?
LOL, I guess from that pad to that green, it would be a par two? A chip to get on the green, and one to put it in?

It's a par three course. I like it because it is a short course, I think the longest drive is 180 yards. I can't drive the ball more than 100 yards, unless I drive it in the golf cart ;-)

If I get it in the cup in one or two strokes over par for each hole, I figure that I did good. LOL, for me... really good.

There are some really beautiful courses up here, but many of their holes are 500 yards away, with a lake in the middle. I may as well just throw balls away.

It is nice getting out in nature though, and spending some family time with my grandson.

LOL, I guess from that pad to that green, it would be a par two? A chip to get on the green, and one to put it in?

It's a par three course. I like it because it is a short course, I think the longest drive is 180 yards. I can't drive the ball more than 100 yards, unless I drive it in the golf cart ;-)

If I get it in the cup in one or two strokes over par for each hole, I figure that I did good. LOL, for me... really good.

There are some really beautiful courses up here, but many of their holes are 500 yards away, with a lake in the middle. I may as well just throw balls away.

It is nice getting out in nature though, and spending some family time with my grandson.

I was asking about one of the deer. I'd think it would need to be a one-and-done type of affair, as they're likely to run away if your shot was anywhere close. 😁

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I was asking about one of the deer. I'd think it would need to be a one-and-done type of affair, as they're likely to run away if your shot was anywhere close. 😁
I used to work with a guy who was an authorized game sniper. He said first time he'd ever used a silencer he shot a deer standing amid a few. He said it fell over and the rest just looked at it like "dude, wth?" He shot another and same thing. He said after the 3rd one fell over the others kinda went "well maybe we should stand somewhere else" and just walked away.

There's no way I could shoot a deer with a rifle.

There's no way I could hit a deer using a bow and arrow.

I do, however, think it would be sporting to use a golf club and a golf ball. Hell! I'd even yell - FORE! 😁

Poppy

Flashaholic
I had another great day yesterday.

Last week I bought two fundraiser tickets from my grandson. $20 each for a meal at "The Outback Steakhouse." If you bought two, you got included a shareable appetizer. I took a long time friend, who also brought his son, so we had to pick up an additional ticket.

My friend insisted that he pay for his, and his son's meal. So OK, I got the tip. At any rate the meal was better than I expected, they each had steak, I had BBQ chicken and mixed veggies.
The meal came with a salad, and desert.

We selected a Bloomin Onion for the appetizer.
It's a breaded, deep fried onion, that comes with a zesty, tangy, dipping sauce.
1696934476962.png

We had a delightful time. What a nice way to enjoy lunch.

Later I took my grandson to one of those 500 yard golf courses. I had him drive my ball off of the T, for the distance shot, and then I played the hole from there. That plan worked out great. He got extra practice, and I didn't get frustrated.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
At my work it's been mostly office duty recently. And at the mother ship location. There are around 100 cubicles, each with an orthopedic type chair that are great for sitting in all day. There was one executive chair nobody wants. It made its way to a desk not used. Somebody would use said desk and trade the "good" chair from one not being used so the big, fluffy leather chair would get moved again. It was known as the dunce chair since nobody wanted it.

When I set up my desk recently the big chair was at my desk. Awe man, this thing is..... actually pretty nice. After a few days of sitting on the plush leather it's something I'm getting used to. The other chairs keep you all sitting erect with correct posture and all. If I reach one of those "hmmmm, what to do?" points I lean back like in a nice recliner and just enjoy the experience.

So while a bunch of youngsters think they've gotten over on the old man, the old man is 'living the good life' in the most comfortable chair in the place.

Poppy

Flashaholic
If I reach one of those "hmmmm, what to do?" points I lean back like in a nice recliner and just enjoy the experience.

So while a bunch of youngsters think they've gotten over on the old man, the old man is 'living the good life' in the most comfortable chair in the place.
Well my friend I hope you have more of those "lean back" points than diligently working points.