Living the good life :)

Poppy

Flashaholic
This morning I tied a kayak onto the roof of my car and met a friend at a nearby lake. We paddled and chatted for nearly three hours.

He took me to a place on the lake where there's a floating kayak launch pad. That delighted me because I have a friend I would like to take out but he would be too physically challenged to get in and out.

I can tie the boat to the roof in minutes. If it takes more than three, it's because I stopped to chat.

I'm on the back patio, chatting with my daughter who is in the pool, each of us, with a flavored beer. Mine is a chocolate covered cherry.

1693183679251.png

My grandson just came back from a round of golf with my next door neighbor. He's happy. That makes life better.

So now I switched to a glass of Carmenere wine in a thermos glass. One ice cube Thankyou.
1693183741248.png

I'm listening to some good music, thinking about what I'll put on the grill.

Like I said. Living the good life. 😊

Last edited:

Poppy

Flashaholic
Reads like a really great day. Nice. (y) (y)
Yeah, thanks chance. Sometimes we don't stop to think about the wonderful things in our life's. We don't stop to smell the flowers. To enjoy watching one squirrel, chasing another, or the birds chirping in a tree calling for a mate.

I'm guilty. I don't always slow down from a sometimes hectic life, and reflect, but when I do, I really appreciate it.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

Poppy, have you tried Stubbs' Original BBQ sauce?
Uses pure cane sugar, like having a Coke Cola made old school with real sugar ~ makes a difference in taste.

Tip: blend in a spoonful of your favorite mexican seasoning to your bbq sauce, another level of good :clap:

Poppy

Flashaholic
I haven't tried Stubbs. But I'm fine with Sweet Baby Ray's.

I once tried a mixture that Bobby Flay put together on one of his shows. It was good, took about 8 ingredients (all measured out), but IMO it wasn't worth the difference, for all the effort involved, compared to what I can get right out of the bottle.

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
KC Masterpiece Original has been my BBQ sauce for decades. (Hmmm I wonder why... ;D )However, lately it seems hotter to me than it used to, so I think I want to try something different. I see Arby's has their sauce in stores now, I may pick up some of that. Seems like I tried some Sweet Baby Ray's at some point and didn't care for it. Don't think I have tried Stubbs.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

Just picked up four 36oz. bottles of Stubb's for $17.17 on amazon after coupon & subscription deal..
I make my oun Tex-Mex seasoning in bulk if I wanna blend it in.

hungry right now

200.gif

Last edited:

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i just had the best food ever it was crazy it was just spme cheap fish sticks gordans or something well not fish sticks there the same just bigger. but what i did was just fry them in some hot coooking oil with fries in one basket it was so damn good

Poppy

Flashaholic
Last night for dinner, I picked up a pound of deli sliced roast beef, a can of beef gravy, and a package of potato rolls.
My daughter picked up a side order or sweet potato fries, and Deep fried onion rings at a small chain grill.

Sometimes living the good life means a quick and easy dinner.

Heat up the gravy, and dip the roast beef in it to heat and season it.

Sorry no pictures.

pnwoutdoors

Enlightened
Yeah, thanks chance. Sometimes we don't stop to think about the wonderful things in our life's. We don't stop to smell the flowers. To enjoy watching one squirrel, chasing another, or the birds chirping in a tree calling for a mate.

That has always been my goal when heading out to the back-country, mountains, coastline, wherever in Nature. Even hard multi-day hikes into the mountains would be for the purpose of becoming just another animal out there, taking in all the grandeur and the wildlife in such places. If I couldn't "recharge the batteries" (body and mind), it wasn't really worth doing. For me, at least, those opportunities make it all worthwhile ... realizing I'm just a small fry in a very great expanse, just like every other living thing. Funny what you can see other animals doing when you're just there and blending in.

Did kayaking for many years, awhile back. Almost exclusively on rivers and larger creeks in the mountains. Of course, without a keel, those things can be a bit cantankerous on a lake, lagoon or the ocean. But, either way, as you say, it can be a great opportunity to chat with buddies and to take in all the beauty of Nature.