This place is worse than crack, this isnt normal

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
it has to stop,it just hit me.. i have been here like what 2 weeks now and so far i have

upgraded 3dmag to maxstar5 6k2= $30
2 minimags= $23
tle5 for minimag=$20
tle5k2 minimag=$30
2 tailcap clickies=$8
mag2d=$16
db-1w-d for mag2d=$25
mag alum reflector which i cant even use cuz 6k2 wont fit=$33
stunner=$240 ouch
cta 12000=$60
maha charger=$90
not to mention some s+h i may have missed and also tax, im guessin is $35

im probably gonna pick up a multimeter at radioshack another $30

over $600 , I could have gotten a HDTV like a lg superslim or samsung slimfit or something WOW

before i came here my 3d mag was just fine :banghead:

how much have you veteran members spent between lights and mod parts?

i have been surfing reading this site nonstop to the point where that server to busy page is getting me pissed :laughing:

cosine

Newly Enlightened
Actually, I've been here over a year and I think I've spent less than $100.

I still have no Surefire, Inova, Photon Microlight.

I really haven't had any use for anything else than my AA Maglight with the LED drop-in, but I feel my willpower getting weak. I'll probably have an Inova X5 and a G2 pretty soon. :naughty: (Plus, I want to build a Mag85 and an ROP...)

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Around $2563 starting with a ProPoly in January '06. My most recent purchase was a second Mod-U-Lok to hold my FT-01XSE P4.

ynggrsshppr

Newly Enlightened
Qip, this thread is only going to make you think "Oh, but this guy has spent $4,000 on his lights. Another $100 isn't so bad..."

Next thing you know, you're that guy that spent $4,000 on flashlights and posting on a similar thread about it.

It is a conspiracy i tell you!

LA OZ

Enlightened
This is what I have bought so far in over the past few months.

INOVA X5
INOVA XO
SUREFIRE A2 x 2
FENIX EO
FENIX L1S
FENIX L2T
Civictor Stainless Steel
FENIX LOP
FENIX LOP SE
FENIX L2P
ARC AAA-P
INOVA T5
FENIX P1D CE
FENIX L0D SE
JIL Intelli

Alot more coming my way.

I can feel your pain.

Flashlight Enthusiast
I only own I own 2D mag and 4D mag that I have had for years along with 4 aa minimags only 1 works right now and a U2 plus a freebie testing unit free>light (spartanian) I plan on making probably my 4D mag a hotwire ROP.

Diesel_Bomber

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not a veteran, but I had about $1,200 in lights, rechargeable batteries, and chargers before I joined CPF. Strangely enough, I've only added about $80 since. Closer to $300 if you include stocking up on lithium batteries.

:buddies:

Edit: Better make that $400 including lithium batteries.

Last edited:

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
qip said:
...before i came here my 3d mag was just fine :banghead:
No it wasn't! You were just "ignorant" (and I mean that as in "uneducated") - now you're educated just like us!! :D

:thumbsup: :thinking: :takeit: :paypal::thanks: :poof: :broke: :ohgeez:

Last edited:

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, the decision was simple--build a beach house in San Diego or collect "flashlights"--clearly a "no-brainer" for me!! I find sand a real PITA!! :laughing:

Karl

Nereus

Enlightened
I'm afraid that my significant other reads this some day... but so far I have spent some 5000€ (some 6000 USD) on different kind of flashlight stuff during 3 years :green:

-N

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Really tough to maintain willpower. I try to convince myself to wait for that light that's just over the horizon.

Geoff

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have to admit;
It has been quite a ride for me too.

It started with a significant upgrade to a "new in box" 4D maglite.
I bought it specifically for an InReTech Trilight3 kit with an ultraclear lense in 2-04 to help make my job as a security officer much easier.
Well, it did! :)
Bad guys stayed much further out of my sight, and all was usually quiet at work from then on.

But as most of you would guess, it just didn't stop there. :broke:
The Trilight3 got upgraded to;
Nimh D cell batteries and Charger for a steadier and brighter runtime on 3-04,
So17 minireflectors replaced the original optics in 6-04,

The light kept getting used a lot until 10-04 when I finally found out that I had the brains and the $$ to start doing my own Maglite modifications, and took my own maglite mods with me to work from then on.

I also ended up buying some small batches of popular lights and reselling those as a flashohol dealer when time permitted. :naughty:
So I got some $ back doing that. ;)

I hung up my baton, pepper spray and duty belt over 10 months ago in favor of my real and current job as an "out of town" auto parts hotshotter.

But to this day, more newer and kewler lights just keep showing up on the net (here especially!)
And there are still more unique lights and light parts for my flashlight modding that I keep ending up with. :laughing:

Now if we can ever get a server, or server setup for cpf that doesn't resemble a run-down neighborhood, things might get even more interesting. :rock:

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Since mid-2004, I have purchased (yes, on my own dime) the following high-ticket items - all for CPF sakes of course: ;)

$940.00 Blue laser pointer
$500.00 SureFire 10X Dominator flashlight
$1055.00 Blue laser module
$210.00 PGL III-A green laser module
---------------------------------------------------
$2705.00

There are undoubtedly some higer-value items I have failed to place on this list, plus all of the lower-value (sub-$100) items I've purchased for CPF sakes.